DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 2 flights successful

BrianA

Reactions
The weather has finally cleared and I got off from work early yesterday. So, I decided to take my Mini 2 for the first couple of test flights. The first flight was for an entire battery cycle, which was quite impressive compared to my other drone. I tried the basic motions and just generally getting the feel of handling the AC. Everything went without a hitch. 2nd flight I tried some fairly precise maneuvering like orbiting while trying to keep the crosshairs centered on me. Then a few maneuvers using the gimbal movement while flying. What I have discovered is that I'm going to need a WHOLE LOT more practice if I want to make smooth videos. Overall, I'm pretty pleased with my new photography platform.

Reactions: NDWildBill
I'm not a photographer. I use my drones in a rural ag venue. But the few videos I've made have mostly been interesting to mostly just me. I wonder if those of you who make non-business videos really find people willing to sit for 20 minutes and watch a video. Or maybe you post them online for views? I get much more interest in my photos. They don't require a long time commitment to see.

I wonder if those of you who make non-business videos really find people willing to sit for 20 minutes and watch a video.
as in the old days when some would announce they were pulling out their slides....yikes!

I'm not a photographer. I use my drones in a rural ag venue. But the few videos I've made have mostly been interesting to mostly just me. I wonder if those of you who make non-business videos really find people willing to sit for 20 minutes and watch a video. Or maybe you post them online for views? I get much more interest in my photos. They don't require a long time commitment to see.
I agree. I have made many videos and have been in the video business for quite a while. I found that keeping the video to about 1:30 and moving (make sure that sound track is catchy) peeps will stick around to about 45 seconds and you get some nice reviews. However posting picks from the same flight reviews for pictures almost doubles. So I keep the video's for myself and share the pics! Happy Flying!,

Reactions: hiflyer201

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus