DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First 3 weeks with the M2P

I can fly 4 batteries without worrying about my rc even being close to low charge.
I use a Crystal Sky that comes with 2 batteries.Has lasted 8 drone batteries depending of course on screen brightness.I use a small powerbank taped to the bracket to real time charge the standard RC.Never a problem.Of course you can get an extra powerbank,smatree Mavic2 battery charger,and extra Crystal sky battery and fly until you need a nap?

I used to work in Salzburg and took my family back there last year, beautiful city. I have the M2Pro and used to use the RC but then bit the bullet and bought the smart controller. Lovely to have but then I went a step further and also bought the SUPER BRIGHT 2,200NIT Feelworld 7 inch monitor and plug that into the SC for a superb setup. I bought my SC used for $650 and found a new FreelWorldFW279 for $179, so it did not cost a huge amount but now I have a super bright setup.

Falls du an interesse hast, Ich kann dir helfen ein gebrauchte SC zu finden heir um rund der $650 preis. Neu sind sie ungefahr $749.

I used to work in Salzburg and took my family back there last year, beautiful city. I have the M2Pro and used to use the RC but then bit the bullet and bought the smart controller. Lovely to have but then I went a step further and also bought the SUPER BRIGHT 2,200NIT Feelworld 7 inch monitor and plug that into the SC for a superb setup. I bought my SC used for $650 and found a new FreelWorldFW279 for $179, so it did not cost a huge amount but now I have a super bright setup.

Falls du an interesse hast, Ich kann dir helfen ein gebrauchte SC zu finden heir um rund der $650 preis. Neu sind sie ungefahr $749.

Oh yes, Salzburg or rather Austria is very beautiful. I live here since 34 years and on some days it's still amazing!
The only problem is the drone law here. Pretty limited and restricted which makes it not easy with the M2P.

Did you fly a lot in Salzburg? Especially the city area is a NFZ :-(

Nice pictures! Have a great and safe flying!!!

Oh yes, Salzburg or rather Austria is very beautiful. I live here since 34 years and on some days it's still amazing!
The only problem is the drone law here. Pretty limited and restricted which makes it not easy with the M2P.

Did you fly a lot in Salzburg? Especially the city area is a NFZ :-(
Did not fly at all in Salzburg, though I have seen plenty of other people's film from flying near the zentrum. I flew in the Zillertal. Most of Austria is quite stunning almost any time of year, I lved in Austria about 11 years total.

Hello, I am going to Zell am ziller tomorrow with my son, grandson and M2P:) and just wonder if you know about any demands from authorities on having a license for shooting some private footage?

Hello, I am going to Zell am ziller tomorrow with my son, grandson and M2P:) and just wonder if you know about any demands from authorities on having a license for shooting some private footage?
For your own use footage you don't need a license but it is best not to fly in the town itself. There is a heliport along side the road on the way to Mayrhofen so check to see what days that is in operation because when it is active you are not allowed to fly around there. As I remember the local gendarme were never the friendliest of people and if they see you, they might just try their heavy handed approach.

I would suggest driving up the road to Gerlos and maybe doing some flying up along there because there are some beautiful places to film, also just past the village of Gerlos a few Kms is also a beautiful place to film. If you are going skiing and thinking of filming on the mountain, you might check with local regulations because they may not allow filming above or close to the ski runs (pistes). The Ziller Tal is a beautiful valley and any of the roads up the side of the mountains will allow you plenty of places to stop and do some filming.

If you have any specific questions PM me please. Wish I were going with you, I lived in Mayrhofen for 7 years. I also have a good friend who is a Lawyer in Malmo, Bertil Morro, Ha en bra semester in Zell am Ziller. Drive up to Mayrhofen when you are there and have an evening dinner in the beautiful old restaurant called "Zum Griener", which is just outside of the village close to the village ski jump which is at the base of the Ahorn mountain. Any local knows it, it is a beautiful old house over 280 years old and turned into a restaurant, which serves Excellent food at very affordable prices. You will not regret visiting there.

Last edited:
Hey Guys,

I got my M2P three weeks ago now, I did some test flights and created a lot of pictures with it. It is the first drone I every owned and I’m so impressed by the fact that the same location where I took a ton of pictures with a DSLR looks so stunning and different from the air!
This is the main reason and purpose I bought the M2P, I love photography, but I’m not in videography (maybe in the future, but for now focus on photography).

Hope you guys like the pictures and find some time for a quick feedback!

cheers!

View attachment 86464
I'm really digging pic 135. Love straight down pics of the forest, and the water and rocks really pop.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh