DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First attempt

Jackcox98

Reactions
This is my first attempt at capturing cinematic shots and also first attempt at a proper edit..All feedback and criticism is very much appreciated..Shot with Mavic mini. Edited with Premiere Pro

Reactions: lloydfx
very good , but it may be worth looking at some of the transitions , they maybe too quick , the ones I noticed were at 12, 40 seem to be doing something weird, the others just need to be slower, I think this would improve it no end

Reactions: Jackcox98
very good , but it may be worth looking at some of the transitions , they maybe too quick , the ones I noticed were at 12, 40 seem to be doing something weird, the others just need to be slower, I think this would improve it no end

Will look into it and try and improve, Thanks!

Good stuff even if it wasn't a first attempt. Keep having fun and experimenting. You will find your style and flow.

One thing I suggest is do transitions on the strong beats of the music. The visuals should shift on the down beats. I am tap my toe alot when I edit.

The glitchy transitions seem to take a long time. I am a simple cross dissolve it film dissolve person and try to use glitzier transitions sparingly and in clips that seem warrant it.

I have also found that attention spans are very short unless the scene is very busy. More then 3ish seconds and people start to drift off.

All nit-picky and personal style stuff. I can't stress it enough, just keep having fun and playing with your tools, the rest will come on it's own. One thing I like to do is try to copy a shot and edit combo that I see and like. It's kind of like all the photo challenges that are out there but at the end of the day it's just practice makes us better.

Concur with what Steve and Hegemony said and would add two things. First (Cork looks lovely) that opening shot: you had the advantage of seeing both for miles and for minutes, meaning that with those huge horizons you could see when(/if) the sun was going to come out from behind the clouds. That could have been really cool to see the sun coming out to shine on your beloved town *during* the shot. (This would inevitably complicate issues like white balance, but might be worth the attempt and educational experiences.

Second, it looked as though you were shooting in a rather flat color scheme. I don't know if you can do that on a Mini, but that would allow you to do some nice color editing in post.

Cool stuff, nice work with the reveals. Keep it coming

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas