DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Disconnect

Flipsonic

Reactions
First, Merry Christmas to everyone.
I was on Asteroid mode. I didn’t get to set wifi on the cleanest signal as I was in a hurry and forgot. The previous Asteroid shot 20 minutes earlier went just fine. As it was up there (about 100 ft.) taking the many different pics for stitching, it got disconnected from the RC. It went to RTH. As it was low enough I cancelled it (I think). I was a little bit on panic mode. As it was hovering just above eye level, I couldn’t control it at all. The light on the RC was still red and no image on the screen. I think (I don’t remember) I pushed the RTH button on the remote but nothing happened. After about a minute of me trying to unsuccessfully figure out how to gain control back, I felt the only way I could stop the motors is reach out and grab it then turn it to its side. So I did. I know it is not recommended. After the motors reved up, they stopped. Question - what could I have done to gain control back with the RC? Why didn’t it reconnect as it was descending? The previous flight was just fine, what caused the disconnect, it was only about 100 ft.above me. I will attempt to share the log file, never done it before.

Such disconnects do happen with the MA but are very rare and far in between. Restarting the remote controller usually fixes close proximity disconnects in my experience.

Thanks Doppler. Will try resetting the RC if it ever happens again. Any thoughts what might have caused it? Probably wifi interference? If so, wondering why it didn’t reconnect as it got closer to the RC.

I have had a disconnect at 14m out in the middle of nowhere with no other wifi signals around. It is hard to say what causes these. But the good thing is, they appear to be quite rare - had this happen to me only twice in more than 10 months of flying. If it happens to you again, try a quick reboot if the remote, worked both times for me.

Reactions: Flipsonic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580