DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First drone ever from St. Louis area

STLBluesNut

Reactions
I just purchased my first ever drone. I was looking for cheaper drones to get my feet wet and to see if I liked it in the sub $200 range. In the end I said f it and got a Mavic Mini Fly More pack. I have run 6 batteries through it and I am enjoying it so far. Looking for local ordinances on where you can and cannot fly has been the hardest part so far. Seems like most parks are a no go even though they are listed on websites as top fly areas for photos and videos and others have flown there.

I guess as long as you aren't a nuisance or have some Karen report you you're usually fine but I'm still a bit skeptical flying there if it is technically against county park rules.

Anyway, hello! I look forward to diving in and learning all about this hobby.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . ?

Welcome to the forum. You will find all sorts of support and assistance. We look forward to seeing your part of the world.

Welcome to our Forum, from the friendly skies of Texas!

You picked a winner in the Mini. Despite its small size and low price, it has good performance and a good camera.

The Mini weighs only 249 grams, so it doesn't buck the wind as well as the beefier drones. On windy days, it’s best to fly upwind, so you’ll have a tailwind on the way back. For federal NFZs, you could use Airmap or Kittyhawk. To identify local ones, you may have to do some reading. If you fly over 100-150 feet, no one will see you anyway.

Read the manual, and practice using the “Find My Drone” App. Chances are you'll crash and/or lose your Mini. Don't wait until that happens to learn how to recover a lost drone.

Lots of fun stuff to shoot all over your neck of the woods. Whenever you have questions, there are over 100,000 of us here to help you learn to be a better pilot and photographer. Just ask!

Happy flying!

Welcome to the forums - a lot of good info here. Also, the search function (magnifying glass icon upper right) is a great way to find answers to many of the questions a "newbie" will have. We were all "newbies" at one point.

I do not see a find my done app in the store. Is there one you would recommend for android?
Welcome to the forum! The DJI Fly app has a Find My Drone feature, which I’m hoping you’ll never need, but it’s worth trying it out to see how it works. This guy has a good demo video:

Reactions: mrjohnc1
I just purchased my first ever drone. I was looking for cheaper drones to get my feet wet and to see if I liked it in the sub $200 range. In the end I said f it and got a Mavic Mini Fly More pack. I have run 6 batteries through it and I am enjoying it so far. Looking for local ordinances on where you can and cannot fly has been the hardest part so far. Seems like most parks are a no go even though they are listed on websites as top fly areas for photos and videos and others have flown there.

I guess as long as you aren't a nuisance or have some Karen report you you're usually fine but I'm still a bit skeptical flying there if it is technically against county park rules.

Anyway, hello! I look forward to diving in and learning all about this hobby.
Welcome to Mavic Pilots from Dayton Ohio! Enjoy your new Mavic Mini, Fly safe and have fun!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121