DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight went GREAT..........but....

renogeno

Reactions
Got my Air day before yesterday......charged all batteries and awaited morning to start registration and all that stuff. Yesterday morning, connected using my Kindle 10 HD 2017, did all updates, and all went well. Got my bird all registered , let it set on my deck, going through a bunch of settings for flight and camera stuff.......all was good...no flying!! Later, in the afternoon, I received the Nexus 7 (2013) I ordered as a dedicated controller monitor for this setup. D/L GO4, connected immediately........all good, no fly, as too dark by now. This morning, Finally went flying!! Had great 1st flight, learning controls and camera settings, etc.........ran out of battery WAY to soon, was having great fun!! Shut down.........recharged batteries..........ready for round 2, right?.........Now can't get A/C and controller to connect.....tried everything I could think of.......different sequence power on/off of controller and drone, deleted and reinstalled GO4 ( though that shouldn't affect controller to A/C bonding), did all the GO4 app connection instructions....nada......cant get the controller to connect to drone....any ideas?

Not an Android user but can I suggest trying a different usb cable using the lower USB port and totally disconnect the stock cable from the RC

Yea......tried 2 different cables.......2 different monitors, two different cables on both, ( the Kindle and the Nexus), using both the side connection and the bottom USB....though that shouldn't matter.......problem is RC won't link with drone......shouldn't even need a monitor ( and that's all the Kindle or Nexus are, correct?) to get the controller and drone to connect.......right?

USB cable has nothing to connection between AC and RC. Someone said that back led on Mavic is also push button to reset WiFi.
Page 39 of ver 1.2 user manual: press and hold function button (the one on the back of Mavic) for 2 sec when binding.
Page 44: to reset WiFi SSID and password hold function button for 6 sec

Last edited:
Yep, I pressed and held the button on the A/C, but that didn't work.......until l first pressed and held the 3 buttons on the controller (pause, FN, and the assignable one on top behind the camera shutter button)....then they connected!! yea!!

Yep, I pressed and held the button on the A/C, but that didn't work.......until l first pressed and held the 3 buttons on the controller (pause, FN, and the assignable one on top behind the camera shutter button)....then they connected!! yea!!
I had problems with Samsung tablet, constantly issues with connecting R/C, Decided to buy the Ipad mini tablet
and all issues are gone. If you check the box, DJI has pointed it out that MP works best with Apple products.
Others on this site have said the same thing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jikatuki