DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight with new Mavic 2 Zoom

KiwiNed

Reactions
I have both the Mavic 2 Pro and also the Mavic 2 Zoom and last night did my first few flights with the Zoom shooting some of our national hockey teams trainings. It was at 8pm at night. Here are a few of my thoughts.

* I was impressed with the battery time, got 29 mins on the batteries. All of my flying was moving back and forth up the field following the team as they attacked and defended. At times during corners I just hovered. Was at 20m high for all the shooting.

* Loved how quick it was to connect the drone to the controller each time I put a new battery in. They play in quarters so I was landing and changing batteries after each quarter.

* The Mavic 2 Zoom is so much quieter than the previous Mavic Pro I had. Those that say it is louder or the same need their hearing checked.

* The landing light coming in when coming in to land was great, shows up your landing site very well especially when flying at night.

* The gimbal cover was a bit finicky to get on and off the first couple of times but got it sorted now. Not as hard as people think.

* Impressed by its speed, when following the press up the field it is way faster than the Mavic Pro original.

* Video had a bit of noise on it but thats because I was shooting at night over a lighted hockey field.

Overall very impressed with the Mavic 2 Zoom.

Reactions: CarlStarke
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear