DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 1 First Flight

I remember my first flights with the Spark back in the day.

Tripod / Cine mode and smooth stick control will help with the jerky movements.

It takes a lot of practice to get "the shot".

Just like Hollywood, it's best to repeat the same shot multiple times if applicable.

Having a spotter keeping an eye on the aircraft while you're getting the shot is also a benefit. It's tough doing everything at once by yourself.

Have fun and enjoy.

☮️

Reactions: 4006448
This was my first real flight with my Magic Air 1. I’m a beginner so be nice.

John, the first rule of droning is that trees are the mortal enemies of drones. They will jump out unprovoked and attack your drone with malicious intent. ✈️🌴💥🔥

So when learning to fly your drone, I highly recommend you start in a huge empty field with no trees or obstacles. 😁

Have fun!!

Yes, what TerryToast wrote. Also, don't shoot vertically unless it's only for Instagram or some other social media outlet that requires vertical. Our eyes are horizontal, our world is wide not tall (except for skyscrapers).

This was my first real flight with my Magic Air 1. I’m a beginner so be nice.

I agree with those above. We all started with the gitters and jumpy movements. Get out in the open and practice. On the other hand, if you learn to fly in that without hitting anything you'll do fine everywhere else.

I've still got my Mavic Air 1 - great drone! My learning to fly was nowhere near trees - I know it has obstacle avoidance F & R, but still not worth the risk. Is it your editing software that you chose to do vertical export? I'm with DaveS on this one. Keep practicing; no harm, no foul as they say.

Remember, GPS needs a clear view of the sky. If it switches to atti mode (no gps) be prepared, no brakes so must be stopped manually also drone will move with the wind, won't hover. Scary in tight spaces unless skilled

I've still got my Mavic Air 1 - great drone! My learning to fly was nowhere near trees - I know it has obstacle avoidance F & R, but still not worth the risk. Is it your editing software that you chose to do vertical export? I'm with DaveS on this one. Keep practicing; no harm, no foul as they say.
I found that one out on the second flight. My son hit the return home button and the home was not where we wanted it to be. Straight into the trees.

• Wow
Reactions: 4006448
I am using the video software int eh DJI app right now. Do you recommend any that are free? The vertical is from making the video a YouTube short.

Home point will be wherever it is when you hear “home point has been updated please check it on the map” so wait for it before takeoff. Flag on screen changes to ‘good to fly GPS’. Have fun, stay safe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeffN