DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight

Smecky

Reactions
Any tips on my first mavic flight I’m going to perform at dusk. Thanks

Any tips on my first mavic flight I’m going to perform at dusk. Thanks

As above open field is a must ... also i found having lighting on my landing pad helped a lot as you are at the end of the day so potentially looseing light as you fly.

Good luck and report back :)

Make sure you've read the full user manual first....

and remember if its dusk the vision and downward sensors may not work so you wont have some of the protections built into the drone.
Use beginner mode until you get a feel for it.

I’ve had a p3a for the last 6 months was very impressed with it. Is my mavic going to exceed the phantom. Thanks.

Wait for the prompt "home point has been recorded. please check it on the map." And actually check it to make sure it's correct. As others have said start in Beginner mode as you get more familiar with it.

Reactions: lweekspors
Make sure you've read the full user manual first....

This was my mistake. I am a technophile and very familiar with aircraft operations (I've worked on military aircraft for 20+ years) so I presumed that getting my Mavic up and running right out of the box with minimal perusal of the manual would be a snap. It took me an hour to get the drone synced with my phone and RC because of a procedural error. I was turning on the remote first, then the drone, then opening the app on my phone. Needless to say, I was very frustrated and finally swallowed my pride and actually read the manual. Even old dogs can learn humility sometimes. :D

If you've flown P3, then MP should be a piece of cake. Just make sure your home point is updated before you take off. Also know the CSC commands for the kill switch, and remember not to use that command inadvertently :)

Reactions: lweekspors
This was my mistake. I am a technophile and very familiar with aircraft operations (I've worked on military aircraft for 20+ years) so I presumed that getting my Mavic up and running right out of the box with minimal perusal of the manual would be a snap. It took me an hour to get the drone synced with my phone and RC because of a procedural error. I was turning on the remote first, then the drone, then opening the app on my phone. Needless to say, I was very frustrated and finally swallowed my pride and actually read the manual. Even old dogs can learn humility sometimes. :D

Is this not the proper procedure for startup? It’s actually how I do it every time and I’m pretty sure that is what the user manual says to do

And remember. Dont touch the red button on the controller any where between 50-80ft.

Is this not the proper procedure for startup? It’s actually how I do it every time and I’m pretty sure that is what the user manual says to do
It is, but I skimmed through the manual the fittest attempt. After actually reading it I got it up and running. [emoji23]

Remote on, then drone on, then connect remote to tablet is the only way it works at all on some of my devices.
The first time though needs to be done in sequence for it to pair. After that, not so much.

One thing that seems to help me is to not connect my phone to the remote until after the remote connects to the mavic. Everything goes smooth if I let it do that. Then I connect the phone and then open dji go 4

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet