DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Hyperlapse with the MA2!

Zee_Bass

Reactions
Ended up ordering one from somewhere else, but I'll still keep my other pre order as well.

Check out my first 1080p Hyperlapse from last night and tell me what you think!

Wish I wouldn't have a changed altitude during it but I'm new to this! Haha. Other than that I think it's ok for being a relative newbie!

Ended up ordering one from somewhere else, but I'll still keep my other pre order as well.

Wish I wouldn't have a changed altitude during it but I'm new to this! Haha. Other than that I think it's ok for being a relative newbie!
And you already got it!!!! Wise man!!
Beautiful video. So clear and steady! Great colors from the football field and the reflections of the trees in the lake are awesome.

I’m no professional but to take best advantage of hyperlapse try get the clouds in and even something like a chimney stack or something like that.
Very nice vid either way fair play can’t wait to try hyperlapse myself

And you already got it!!!! Wise man!!
Beautiful video. So clear and steady! Great colors from the football field and the reflections of the trees in the lake are awesome.
I’m no professional but to take best advantage of hyperlapse try get the clouds in and even something like a chimney stack or something like that.
Very nice vid either way fair play can’t wait to try hyperlapse myself
Thanks everyone! I waited all day until close to sunset planning to try this hyperlapse. It was a 10min shot with 300 frames. I did course lock mode and varied the speed with the stick.

Learned a few things along the way but it turned out decent.

At the end of the shot the drone was about 5000ft away in a heavy urban environment with me right in the middle of my town surrounded by houses, trees, etc. and the transmission signal was beautiful. Not going to lie, the closer the river got the more nervous I was watching that signal strength but it did great.

The hyperlapse mode only allows 125 images before it is processed it in the drone software. Did you know that you can keep your drone up there and do at least one or two more 125 image sequences before the battery runs low? It appears as though you shot on auto since the foreground is nearly black. The Mavic 2 pro hyperlapse mode does the shoot in JPG images which do not allow for further processing since there is less information. That is why I prefer to save the hyperlapse images in RAW and process them in RAW. There was a long thread on this a while back on the forum. The segments can then be assembled as a longer shoot in post processing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf