DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Impressions.

sammackay23

Reactions
Had my new mavic out yesterday, very pleased with it. I have a couple of questions though. Firstly I was using a Samsung s9+ as soon as I plugged it in I get a pop up saying something like use this app as default (dji go 4). I use both apps, go4 and litchi. Bit annoying that when I come out of go 4 I cant get connected to litchi without powering my remote of and starting again basically. Anyone using a s9+ able to assist getting this pop up away?

Once my mavic was up in the air, 100m or so it seriously drifts to the left. small breeze nothing major at all but im having to use the joystick to keep it from drifting to take a photo. Surely should hold its position pretty good?

After my flight is done I check my gallery on my phone and I have these weird mavic pro videos there, like demo videos about 20 of them, How do I stop that from happening.

Which mode is better, HDR or AEB.

Just took photos in auto mode. basic settings. Keen to find out how other Mavic users set up there stills and videos in terms of settings.

Also connecting my s9+ with the supplied small cable is very poor. Are people using the small cables? Time consuming trying to get it connected.

Thanks.

You're better with a short data cable in the bottom USB.
RAW will give best results in photos most of the time, combining exposures might be worthwhile especially in difficult light e.g backlit, I wouldn't routinely do it.

If it doesn't drift when lower down it shouldn't drift higher up unless the wind is too strong which is certainly possible even when lower down is near calm..
Note with obstacle avoidance turned on the speed (and ability to counter wind) is significantly lower.
Beware of the illusion of movement when it's actually clouds behind moving!
Calibrating controller sticks, IMU and compass won't hurt if done correctly.

Reactions: Zyskman78
Once my mavic was up in the air, 100m or so it seriously drifts to the left. small breeze nothing major at all but im having to use the joystick to keep it from drifting to take a photo. Surely should hold its position pretty good?
Are you sure it was a small breeze up there? Did you get any windspeedwarnings (I always take them serious)? '100m or so' up is a lot. The wind could be very different from groundlevel. For a windspeed indication on different heights you could use an app like UAV Forecast. (In sportmode the AC can better fight the wind. I sometimes use it to get out of there, or to just hold position.)
Only way to find out for sure what the drifting caused is by checking the logs..

Reactions: Zyskman78
To get rid of Go4 opening go into the app manager in settings and remove the default from it.
Next time you plug in it will give you the option of which app to use.
Yea but im no wanting any option to come up, pretty sure on iphones you can just go between apps.

Are you sure it was a small breeze up there? Did you get any windspeedwarnings (I always take them serious)? '100m or so' up is a lot. The wind could be very different from groundlevel. For a windspeed indication on different heights you could use an app like UAV Forecast. (In sportmode the AC can better fight the wind. I sometimes use it to get out of there, or to just hold position.)
Only way to find out for sure what the drifting caused is by checking the logs..
No warnings no. Yeah get your point about various wind speeds at different heights. Must try that UAV app like you suggest.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burghmuir