DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 First Light on Mt. St. Helens

AlanL

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Early morning light on Mt. St. Helens. I have been waiting since summer for this sun angle and had some nice atmospherics for the shot. Single panel shot with my 7x lens and cropped to eliminate rooftops and empty sky.

Hey, where'd the point go?

I climbed and worked on that sucker in '83, putting the roads back in. What a mess. It's something you never forget tho. :cool:

Reactions: AlanL
Hey, where'd the point go?

I climbed and worked on that sucker in '83, putting the roads back in. What a mess. It's something you never forget tho. :cool:
I didn't move up here until 1998 and never got to see the point except for other people's pictures of it. I kinda wish it would grow back :)

Ha, you should live so long... Actually, if you look in the hole, it was already filling itself in back in 83. Looked like a little volcano down in there.

I know - I was here for the steam eruption in 2005 and have quite a few images from when the current new dome was forming but it stopped (sniff sniff). This shot would have had a nice little steam plume coming out of the crater if it had kept going.

I was staying in Cougar when we had time off. One Sunday I was across the lake when the mountain farted, it was so loud that the shock wave went thru my chest and it actually hurt, close to 20 miles away. That's when my respect for the mountain sunk in.

I would be a lot more nervous about that volcano if I were living in Cougar.

All the people I knew there agreed that "they got lucky". And I can say that now, from Wisconsin...

Attachments

• 1671479856389.gif
    1671479856389.gif
    5 KB · Views: 4
  • Haha
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members