DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First mavic pro 2 video!

Rich_fpv

Reactions
Finally managed to get a few clips together from my local area. Using the default movie maker app on windows 10 and I still found that complicated! Never made an edited video of anything before lol.

I want to make a much longer version of this when I have more clips and understand the video settings more. The theme I am going for is day to night transition with a comfy floaty feel. Any tips on improvements would be greatfully received!

Good job! Love the bed its laying on (background music), nice and soothing for the content. The transition from day to night is really good. At 1:07 it seems like your horizon is tilted. Easily fixed with a gimbal re-calibration.

You'll have our attention for 3-4 minutes max so try not to exceed that length on this type of video. Narrated video you'll earn a few more minutes.

If this was your firsts time then I'm subbing you. Can't wait to see what you come up with from here . . .

Good job! Love the bed its laying on (background music), nice and soothing for the content. The transition from day to night is really good. At 1:07 it seems like your horizon is tilted. Easily fixed with a gimbal re-calibration.

You'll have our attention for 3-4 minutes max so try not to exceed that length on this type of video. Narrated video you'll earn a few more minutes.

If this was your firsts time then I'm subbing you. Can't wait to see what you come up with from here . . .
Thanks for the kind words and advice! Before the 1.07 shot I did briefly take off with the gimbal cover on (what a noob) and got the gimbal motor overload error when hovering at 6 feet. Will recalibrate and hope I did no damage!

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
Very nice. I got your "floating feeling". The music as others mentioned was excellent for the subject. Transitions in the music synced to transitions and reveals in your video could make a more powerful impact. If this is your first edit job, you'll be a regular Dino De Laurentiis in a month.?

Enjoyed the videography and subject itself. What is the building in the background (evening scene) looking like it's on a spear?

Nicely done. Here’s my suggestion...

Add more cinematic drone shots. Vary the altitude you shoot out. Most, but not all, shoot their video at high altitude. I get it, but if makes for a one dimensional presentation.

Very nice. I got your "floating feeling". The music as others mentioned was excellent for the subject. Transitions in the music synced to transitions and reveals in your video could make a more powerful impact. If this is your first edit job, you'll be a regular Dino De Laurentiis in a month.?
Thanks buddy, will work on the transition links on the next vid. The one or two that are in this vid are happy coincidence lmao

Enjoyed the videography and subject itself. What is the building in the background (evening scene) looking like it's on a spear?
Thanks, it's the Spinnaker tower in Portsmouth UK
Nicely done. Here’s my suggestion...

Add more cinematic drone shots. Vary the altitude you shoot out. Most, but not all, shoot their video at high altitude. I get it, but if makes for a one dimensional presentation.
Thanks, will try to vary up my next project which will be a pair of farms and the surrounding forest.

Good job. I enjoyed it and gave you your first 'Like' on YouTube. I have yet to make my first video and can only hope it is as entertaining as yours!

Reactions: Rich_fpv
Finally managed to get a few clips together from my local area. Using the default movie maker app on windows 10 and I still found that complicated! Never made an edited video of anything before lol.

I want to make a much longer version of this when I have more clips and understand the video settings more. The theme I am going for is day to night transition with a comfy floaty feel. Any tips on improvements would be greatfully received!
Its look beautiful, especially the Sun Night Shoot, keep it up though share the final long version :)

For a first time edit, that was great! You had all the settings dialed in really well. My first edit was laughable, hahah. Since you are so new to editing, and haven't burned in a bunch of editing no-no's, might be a great time to learn a fairly powerful editing software. DaVinci Resolve is free, but has a steep learning curve. Filmora is pretty easy, intuitive and like $60ish US. If you are going to do edits frequently, might be a good start. Once you have Filmora down, at the very least, DaVinci, Premiere and Final Cut will make a fair bit of sense. You'll be amazed at what you can accomplish with those editing tools.

Again, great job and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU