DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Movie!

JAW911

Reactions
Just taken my drone for a road trip around Scotland and have created a slideshow of photos and vids (from phones) and some footage from the M3P. It created a 12 minute ‘movie’ which is just under 500MB in total. Is this normal? I was hoping to pop it back on my phone from my laptop but that seems too large? Ir is this quite normal ? I used a PC and Movie Zilla Pro which is like iMovie for PCs.

Just taken my drone for a road trip around Scotland and have created a slideshow of photos and vids (from phones) and some footage from the M3P. It created a 12 minute ‘movie’ which is just under 500MB in total. Is this normal? I was hoping to pop it back on my phone from my laptop but that seems too large? Ir is this quite normal ? I used a PC and Movie Zilla Pro which is like iMovie for PCs.
No, you should be able to move large files to your phone no problem. It is much simpler on an Android phone than an iPhone though since Apple "Locks down" the file system. What phone are you using?

Ah! iPhone 13 Pro. Just trying to upload it to YouTube so it’s easier for the family to watch it……20 minutes and 4% done!

I’m an Apple user and not familiar with Movie Zilla however as a pro version the video editing software would have the option to control the output of the rendered file to the intended purpose, might be buried a bit in the file save process but it is there. For your iPhone, a small 720p file would be fine and should be manageable in file size.

One mobile app I have used and found robust in features with the output feature is Splice - just save the file from M3P to your iPhone and edit away with most major features you need to make a presentable video for viewing with titles, corrections, edit, music, transitions, etc. it is a little powerhouse editor and more suited to do free form stuff than Light Cut, the DJI affiliated mobile app for editing. Both are great, if you are comfortable editing on small screen.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin