DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First nervous flight over water

Turn off your downward sensors *and* fly more cautiously.

The mavic can get confused and think the water (ground) is closer than it is which leads to auto landing.

Interesting tidbit of info, I never new that, thanks !

What's the benefit of turning off downward sensors over water?
Are you referring to landing protection or downward vision altogether? I've disabled landing protection which in turn disabled auto landing. Or so I thought.

Are you referring to landing protection or downward vision altogether? I've disabled landing protection which in turn disabled auto landing. Or so I thought.

I turn off the Downward Vision System. The way to tell is during the final 0.5 meters of landing. Does the MP take over or do you control it all the way to the ground? You want control all the way to the ground.

I turn off the Downward Vision System. The way to tell is during the final 0.5 meters of landing. Does the MP take over or do you control it all the way to the ground? You want control all the way to the ground.
That was exactly my thought - I have to control the landing process in full while keeping the most auto features enabled. Landing protection disabled did the trick.
In the manual they also recommend disabling the whole downward vision system altogether. I suppose that water with high currents may trick vps into thinking that Mavic is not still and force it to do a corrective move.

I have done a good number of flights a good distance over water (up to about 800m from shore). I never change anything from my standard settings, including leaving the Vision System fully activated.
Never had any problem at all.

Reactions: leesmavic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise