DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Photos (AIR)

chadwick

Reactions
Finally able to get the Mavic Air out for it's first flight. Got a couple pictures just to test and definitely need to work on the low light settings.

44682868604_20792f8fd3_b.jpg

44682869444_c60c0bc26c_b.jpg

Reactions: Porky
Ahhhh, the Rockies are pretty, aren’t they? Nice crisp photos! Ok, here is something to try. Pick an accessible sight that easily affords you the ability to fly at will. Keep this in mind. Download and install Litchi. Use your maps to help you establish waypoints at your easily accessible fly point. Go as often and at differing times of the day to fly the same plan (using Litchi). Each time you fly, use specific photo/video settings and document each flight with the settings. After several flights in the same area, find a new place and peat and repeat. Different light conditions, weather, time of day, etc. Download a free or inexpensive video editor of your choice. Personally, I use Wondershare FILMORA, but others such as Davinci Resolve work wonders as well. Again, your choice. Make a video of your flights using each of the documented camera settings. Your video editor should permit you to place on screen the settings used. This is why you fly the same pattern over and over with Litchi (only about $25 and, I am led to believe a lot more stable than DJI.) The video should give you a basic idea of the optimum camera settings you should use for a particular location, weather, time, etc. BONUS: If you don’t use Litchi, you can still fly free hand and gain a hell of a lot experience on the sticks. As time goes, you will get braver and even want to purchase some ND filters. Now you get to try it all all over again! Make yourself a little log book of all the settings and keep it handy for any potential changes. You are going to be an awsome aerial videographer!!! Now, quit reading my BS and git to flyin’.

Finally able to get the Mavic Air out for it's first flight. Got a couple pictures just to test and definitely need to work on the low light settings.

44682868604_20792f8fd3_b.jpg

44682869444_c60c0bc26c_b.jpg
Ahhhh, the Rockies are pretty, aren’t they? Nice crisp photos! Ok, here is something to try. Pick an accessible sight that easily affords you the ability to fly at will. Keep this in mind. Download and install Litchi. Use your maps to help you establish waypoints at your easily accessible fly point. Go as often and at differing times of the day to fly the same plan (using Litchi). Each time you fly, use specific photo/video settings and document each flight with the settings. After several flights in the same area, find a new place and peat and repeat. Different light conditions, weather, time of day, etc. Download a free or inexpensive video editor of your choice. Personally, I use Wondershare FILMORA, but others such as Davinci Resolve work wonders as well. Again, your choice. Make a video of your flights using each of the documented camera settings. Your video editor should permit you to place on screen the settings used. This is why you fly the same pattern over and over with Litchi (only about $25 and, I am led to believe a lot more stable than DJI.) The video should give you a basic idea of the optimum camera settings you should use for a particular location, weather, time, etc. BONUS: If you don’t use Litchi, you can still fly free hand and gain a **** of a lot experience on the sticks. As time goes, you will get braver and even want to purchase some ND filters. Now you get to try it all all over again! Make yourself a little log book of all the settings and keep it handy for any potential changes. You are going to be an awsome aerial videographer!!! Now, quit reading my BS and git to flyin’.

Thanks for the tips Jeffrey! That will definitely help me out with settings. I do the same thing when I ride on the track. Always taking notes on my settings; suspension, tire pressures, air temp, so I make sure I'm at the right settings for the next time around.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catalinbbc27