DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first real attempt

A great first video. It is hard to pan too slowly, and easy to pan too quickly. You did a nice job. Think of all the viewpoints that you can create, including close ups, maybe even with a hand held camera.
The colors are very intense, nearly surreal. Maybe that is nature’s beauty shining through?

You could search on this forum videos by Maik Kellerhalls and an extremely talented videographer from Australia, sadly whose name escapes me at this moment. Maybe he or someone else on the forum can provide that?
Those artists have set a bar for most everyone else to chase.
I am looking forward to getting back to the Netherlands, maybe once at tulip time.

A great first video. It is hard to pan too slowly, and easy to pan too quickly. You did a nice job. Think of all the viewpoints that you can create, including close ups, maybe even with a hand held camera.
The colors are very intense, nearly surreal. Maybe that is nature’s beauty shining through?

You could search on this forum videos by Maik Kellerhalls and an extremely talented videographer from Australia, sadly whose name escapes me at this moment. Maybe he or someone else on the forum can provide that?
Those artists have set a bar for most everyone else to chase.
I am looking forward to getting back to the Netherlands, maybe once at tulip time.
Thanks for the feedback. Tried to keep the colours as real as possible but they are really intense.
I will check out the videos for sure, enough time for this this week cause there is too much wind to fly this week.

Reactions: Prop Wash
Nicely done. Just a bit rough when you descended and started the fly over

Being quite critical of your video:

1. The colors don't appear natural. The sky color isn't realistic, the tulips' color is oversaturated. There's a lot of blue in the green shaded stems, and overall everywhere. This, combined with oversaturation, makes no color seem natural or real.

2. The whites aren't truly white; they have a greenish tint: observe the clouds and the greenhouses? Perhaps the issue arose from boosting Color and Saturation upwards. You can correct this using Tint and/or Hue adjustments.

3. The images stutter a bit. Shooting at 24fps doesn't help. Try shooting at 30fps and utilize the Retime and Scaling controls with options like "Optical Flow," "Enhanced Better," "Fill," and "Smoother."

4. There's too much shadow in almost every scene: raise the shadow level.

I hope these comments are helpful in improving your videos.

Being quite critical of your video:

1. The colors don't appear natural. The sky color isn't realistic, the tulips' color is oversaturated. There's a lot of blue in the green shaded stems, and overall everywhere. This, combined with oversaturation, makes no color seem natural or real.

2. The whites aren't truly white; they have a greenish tint: observe the clouds and the greenhouses? Perhaps the issue arose from boosting Color and Saturation upwards. You can correct this using Tint and/or Hue adjustments.

3. The images stutter a bit. Shooting at 24fps doesn't help. Try shooting at 30fps and utilize the Retime and Scaling controls with options like "Optical Flow," "Enhanced Better," "Fill," and "Smoother."

4. There's too much shadow in almost every scene: raise the shadow level.

I hope these comments are helpful in improving your videos.
Thanks massive! Great critics! Hope I can use them in future flightvideos

Thanks massive! Great critics! Hope I can use them in future flightvideos

You're welcome, my pleasure.

One more thing, I forgot to mention that there might be something wrong with the render settings of your project since the image quality is low. Check the quality at which you've rendered and the bitrate. If it's not the render, see if the timeline is set to 4K.

youtube let you choose, 4K also available

I know I can put the video in 4K but the quality is still bad, it lacks detail. Check out one of the videos on my channel, and compare it to yours.

As said, check your settings.

Everyone starts somewhere and I think you're to off a good one.
I think the feedback you've received above is constructive allowing you to build on this work. One thing I would add is add music. The choice of music can enhance (or detract from) the video.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J