DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time crash

MegaObi

Reactions
Stupid mistake by me. I was in smart capture mode, on low battery!

So the mavic triggered its return to home feature and flew up hitting the power line above. Came falling from 10 meters and crashed in front of my eyes.

Camera is ok. I dont have much damage except two blades and the gimbal holder has a crack.

I can NOT find any information online and I need help.

My main question is - can the gimbal only be replaced? or do I have to buy the whole assembly? And where can I find?

If anyone has parts, this early in the game, it would be them. As far as used parts, there is a member here that sells parted out drones. His name is Thunderdrone

i rang DJI support, they said they need proof of purchase, which ido not have. They said its $65.00 plus parts for service.

Im just wondering if anyone else had to have theirs replaced and what kind of price they charged?

Have a Mavic Pro platinum and yes I have used DJI refresh twice. A little expensive but much need early on.

As for fixing it yourself, it could void the waurentee, but maybe not. I made a bracket to retain my broken gimbal mounting plate a flew until my shipper came in from DJI refresh. I simply took the retainer back off and shipped it.

It really comes down to you and your capabilities. If the camera is unharmed and all servos work, meaning the flat ribbon cable isn’t broken, then the fix is quite simple (keep in mind, I’m referencing the Mavic Pro)

The gimbal plate is held in place with 4 rubber band type anti vibration mounts. Slip those off and there are two screws holding the bracket to the gimbal. I simply took an aluninum can ( all I could find on a Sunday) and cut it to the desired shape, attached it to the plate where it broke in in half, and presto. It’s crude but effective. Had the flat ribbon cable not broke, the bracket would still be attached.

The “wings” were used to wrap around the second half of the gimbal plate. The holes were for the screws that went through the retainer shown, through the gimbal plate, and screwed into the gimbal.

Since the servos were deemed useless due to the severed flat ribbon cable, I taped the gimbal best I could in a straight forward view using my goggles’ artificial horizon and heading indicator to get the camera pointed as close as possible.

I flew it for a week before the shipping label arrived. Again, crude but effective.

E2591E30-8F11-4D3A-AD2B-591E1F6F6699.jpeg

Stupid mistake by me. I was in smart capture mode, on low battery!

So the mavic triggered its return to home feature and flew up hitting the power line above. Came falling from 10 meters and crashed in front of my eyes.

Camera is ok. I dont have much damage except two blades and the gimbal holder has a crack.

I can NOT find any information online and I need help.

My main question is - can the gimbal only be replaced? or do I have to buy the whole assembly? And where can I find?
e-bay uk has parts at a good price so I would assume that would be worldwide. If you look at the sites like Banggood, Aliexpress etc.

e-bay uk has parts at a good price so I would assume that would be worldwide. If you look at the sites like Banggood, Aliexpress etc.

Do you have any links because I can't find anyone that has air parts. Pro is readily available but air not so much

Dropbox - dji

Here are some pix of damage. It's not major. I can actually fly fine but I almost need to calibrate gimbal almost everytime before I fly

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp