DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First time using autopilot but doesn't work?

Redmenter

Reactions
Hello
So new here and new to my Mavic! Ha. I hope it's ok to ask questions on autopilot here. I searched but didn't see an answer to my issue here. I Just got autopilot And tried my first mission, orbit. Did a simple easy orbit. Focused to center nothing special. I can turn all on and it sees my Mavic I take off manually and get to safe spot and then Engage autopilot mission. All seems ok it starts the Mavic will then climb the programmed altitude and then it sits there? It doesn't move,orbit nothing?? I am not in sport mode. Using 6s phone. I tried several times changed speeds and settings but nada. I am hoping I just am missing some setting on Mavic or autopilot?
Thanks

Try waypoint mode first. Or Zip line. See if that works. Basically, all modes are based on zip lime

Thanks for reply.
I just tried a target flight. Same kind of issue. Once engaged it almost seems like its fighting with itself? The drone will start twitching and jerking in the air? Minimal movement. This time using target mission it didnt even try to climb to altitude? Just seems like some setting is off in drone or app? When flying drone using dji its flies normal. Totally fine and perfect.
Thanks again

Reactions: Fausto
What Mavic firmware are you using? Any chance you just upgraded to the newest version? Could be an issue there... I'm a fairly new Autopilot user myself but so far have not encountered this issue. I have not tried it with the .05 firmware yet, though.

Same issue here. Used Autopilot for the first time today. It didn't work. It climbed and sat there. Like it's fighting itself. At one point it pointed the gimbal up 30degrees. And VERY SCARY, one moment the Mavic twirled in mid air, twice, like it lost control and was gonna fall from the sky. Luckily each time it recovered by itself and went back to a hover. I engaged Sport mode and brought it back.

Neither Zip-Line or Orbit worked. Also, iPhone 6s Plus battery went from 85% to 15% in under 20 minutes.

Obviously something is very wrong. Could it be the newest firmware?

I defaulted Autopilot's settings, and made sure I closed DJI Go from the background. No joy. It was cold out so I gave up. Tomorrow I'll try again.

Reactions: ggessel
Thanks for info. So i dusted off my OLd haha. Phantom 3 standard and gave er a shot. And dang it worked!! Orbit,target all normal! And yes i did update my firmware on mavic today before i tried my first mission! I noticed right away once connected to my p3 in autopilot in the map view it showed a red triangle on the path line like it was the drone. Like the tutorials show. But when connected to mavic it does not show that triangle on the map!?!? So must not completely be able to recognize or access the mavic? Is there any way to go bak on my firmware update to try it?

Ohh , one issue with p3 is the video it took was very jumpy not smooth? Not trying to pile on the questions here! Ha. BUt thought i would ask. Vid in 2.7k.
Thanks!

Reactions: Fausto
Please go here and submit a support request. I did mine, they need to see that more people are having this problem:

Hangar

I want this fixed ASAP so I can take good footage on a trip.

As a stop gap if they can't fix Autopilot before you go away - I have tried the iOS Litch on the latest firmware and Waypoint, Orbit and focus modes all worked OK. I know it's not as fully featured as Autopilot but it's a backup options

Reactions: Michael Griesinger
Autopilot is working on version 4.0 (I have the beta here) and Kerstin from Hangar/Autoflight is very helpful. I have lots of issues with V3.9 and of course 4.0 but it usually works. Might be the new DJI .005 firmware . But I love Autopilot. So much better then anything else. Just programmed a route near a water dam. With negative heights. Will post that flight as soon as it's done

c7f53554676514e0a97c6cc8087ba786.jpg

Autopilot is working on version 4.0 (I have the beta here) and Kerstin from Hangar/Autoflight is very helpful. I have lots of issues with V3.9 and of course 4.0 but it usually works. Might be the new DJI .005 firmware . But I love Autopilot. So much better then anything else. Just programmed a route near a water dam. With negative heights. Will post that flight as soon as it's done

That's one seriously complex mission. Will be very interested to see the video.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX

Very cool. Although I haven't been able to use it, I *know* the software is powerful just by having played around with it and watching all the tutorials on YouTube. Some seriously good programmers work on this. I can't wait till they have it working 100% on the Mavic.

Reactions: Oyibo VFX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael Greece