DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Time.

Hugh9359

Reactions
Took my first flight today,a little bit breezier than what i wanted but i had read that batts shouldnt be kept at full charge,is this true?Im 62 years old and never flown a drone before took it to a cricket ground so plenty of room,found it very easy to control,practiced landing by RTH and manual,as well as flying around myself and gimbal control,just too easy.

You are correct. Batts should be stored at half or little above. 2 or 2 1/2 lights for storage after no more than 10 days. The minis don’t have smart batteries that self discharge. Keep a log and # them to rotate use. Remember higher is windier so check UAV Forcast before flying. Also, Mark your drone so it will be returned if a flyaway. (From experience). Enjoy, I have.

I hover to drain batts if windy.

Took my first flight today,a little bit breezier than what i wanted but i had read that batts shouldnt be kept at full charge,is this true?Im 62 years old and never flown a drone before took it to a cricket ground so plenty of room,found it very easy to control,practiced landing by RTH and manual,as well as flying around myself and gimbal control,just too easy.
I'm 66 and have flown mine twice. Kinda fun. I'll use it more when we do some travel camping (soon?). Where I am in Maine trees are 1.5" apart it seems. getting into the sky is like going through a maze. Have fun!

Reactions: Hugh9359
I'm 66 and have flown mine twice. Kinda fun. I'll use it more when we do some travel camping (soon?). Where I am in Maine trees are 1.5" apart it seems. getting into the sky is like going through a maze. Have fun!
We have been to Maine a couple of times,stayed at a place called Kokadjo.We went to Maine to see moose for the first time.Now we have seen all 3 sub-species.

We have been to Maine a couple of times,stayed at a place called Kokadjo.We went to Maine to see moose for the first time.Now we have seen all 3 sub-species.
Yes I've been up there. Did a lot of backpacking in my younger days. Lots on the Appalachian trail. Kokadjo is northwest of it but still good wilderness up there. I'm so glad you don't think of Maine as Acadia national park. Seems that's all anyone knows of Maine. It's a speck in the state.

Reactions: Hugh9359
@Hugh9359 At 62 you're a few years junior than a lot of us. But this stuff keeps you young.

Typically batteries shouldn't be stored FOR LONG PERIODS fully charged. It's ok to keep them charged for a few days. But as the Mini batteries are not "intelligent" self-discharging batteries it's best that you not charge them until you're ready to use them. But the thing is the DJI multi charging bank only charges batteries sequentially (one at a time) so it can take 4 hours to charge three batteries. However, the solution to that is to buy inexpensive charging adapter so you can charge each battery independently. Of course you'll need wall bricks (or ports) for each adapter. So if you get one adapter you can charge one in the charging bank, one with the adapter and one still in the Mini. You can go from depleted to full in about an hour, depending on how drained the batteries are. There may be a 3rd party multi charger that can handle multiple batteries simultaneously. I always use the first method I described as I tend to charge a few days in advance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka