DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First timer - Mavic Air or Pro 2

HBJLR714

Reactions
Hello. Total greenpea here in the market for my first drone and recently have seen the price of the MP2 go down substantially for Christmas. Been watching tons of videos and I'm debating between MA Fly More vs MP2. To me the price point of the MA Fly More is pretty attractive with all the goodies and seems to have decent video/pic quality for the price point too. Any words of wisdom for a first timer would be greatly appreciate. This will be for a hobby, not for business. Just want to get out and have some fun. Thanks.

welcome. the main point since starting as a flyer would be your confidence in flying. both MA and M2P are great drones. the MA is smaller and louder has a few features the M2P doesnt, also a few video settings. as well as shorter fly time and flight distance if you want to go far since it uses an enhanced Wifi. the M2P on the other hand is bit bigger and more silent with longer fly time and flight distance and with the larger camera sensor it takes better low light pics.

ive owned both and to me the M2P is top dog and ive owned quite a few different DJI over the years

Reactions: Mrmund
MA is far more compact and handy to carry around. I use it 2x as often as my P4 adv. The P4 gives somewhat better images, but is far more hassle to transport and fly.

I've also asked around and the majority of folks recommend going Pro 2! Would have liked the smaller size, lower price, and the Smart Capture Hand Gestures mode of the MA, but will appreciate the much quieter operation, additional sensors/obstacle avoidance, and far superior camera. I actually had placed an order for a MA and cancelled it when notified it wouldn't ship on date promised. Looking forward to the M2P.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929