DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Trip With Mavic

JManges

Reactions
Currently on vacation in the Philippines. This is my first vacation with the Mavic and I can tell you, it has been a learning experience.

First of all, Mr. Murphy is king in this universe but before I get to that, so far I have had zero problem going through several airports here in the Philippines.

Day one upon my arrival, I pulled too hard removing the antenna on the Titan mod and broke one of the antenna wires. Well, I have one good wire left. Should be able to wing it with that.. yeah, not quite. The distance with only one antenna wire got reduced from at least one km down to about 400 meters. Not good for some of the areas I wanted to go.

Took the rc to a cellphone repair place and they did their best but could not reattach the wire to the QMA connection. Good luck finding a new one here.

So, the lesson here is redundancy. Sure, I had extra props, batteries, cables and extra ipads with both Litchi and DJI Go 4 loaded on them (btw, DJI Go 4 stopped working on one ipad and I need to find a reliable Internet connection to fix). Anyhow, what I really need is the spare controller I decided to leave at home at the last minute to save weight. Right now, those few ounces are costing me dearly. Stupid mistake but I'm dealing with it.

Not sure when I'll be back to this part of the world again so I am just going to have to do the best with what I have and hope nothing else goes wrong this trip. I still have two more weeks here. Mr. Murphy forgives no one.

Reactions: masic
Going to Hawaii on the first, thanks for the advice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav