DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 First try with 7" fpv with o3 air unit

what do you mean by 7" FPV ?
I know it is an entirely personal thing but I much prefer these scenic videos of yours to down low dodgems through trees or rocks.

Reactions: alex_markov
I know it is an entirely personal thing but I much prefer these scenic videos of yours to down low dodgems through trees or rocks.
I kept my Avata 2 ;) :) so those videos will not vanish - but my intention (and desire) is to add long-range mountain clips with FPV and might be after some more learning some different angle on waterfalls and cliffs ;) )

In the title he states, Air 3 in FPV (first person view) My guess is he is using FPV mode.

Reactions: sarahb
Nice video Alex. I haven't tried the FPV mode on any of my drones. I have probably told you before how it affects my vertigo and literally gets me sick. That is not to watch a video but to fly FVP

Reactions: sarahb
Nice video Alex. I haven't tried the FPV mode on any of my drones. I have probably told you before how it affects my vertigo and literally gets me sick. That is not to watch a video but to fly FVP
No, it's an 7" FPV carbon fiber quad with a DJI O3 Air Unit for the camera and O3 video transmission ;)

No, it's an 7" FPV carbon fiber quad with a DJI O3 Air Unit for the camera and O3 video transmission ;)
Custom build based on GEPRC 7" frame with O3 air unit and TBS Tango 2 crossfire controller
I've been tempted to do the same. I also am interested in long range FPV and the DJI FPV Drone seems to work great except for one big limiting factor and that is the 1640' altitude limit. That is one big advantage of your set up imo. How does the TBS Tango 2 crossfire controller compare to the DJI RC? Is the range greater on the TBS?

I've been tempted to do the same. I also am interested in long range FPV and the DJI FPV Drone seems to work great except for one big limiting factor and that is the 1640' altitude limit. That is one big advantage of your set up imo. How does the TBS Tango 2 crossfire controller compare to the DJI RC? Is the range greater on the TBS?
Well, I am fairly new to it (have it from Saturday this week ;) ) but my findings are - a more versatile platform - that has no restraints in height or speed and can carry a higher load - batteries (recently saw a greak guy covering 40+ km with 7"quad). But as usual, there are Minuses also ;) a lot more difficult to fly especially landing and orbit for me ;) a lot more difficult to care and to set up before the flight, no care refresh ;) or even find my drone (there are ways but hard to set ;) )
Sometimes there are vibrations in the footage especially in strong wind :(
Crossfire seems great for now - I lost video twice already - the controller was working fine ;)
All in all it's too early for me to have a final opinion but for now, I keep my Avata 2 ;) :)

Well, I am fairly new to it (have it from Saturday this week ;) ) but my findings are - a more versatile platform - that has no restraints in height or speed and can carry a higher load - batteries (recently saw a greak guy covering 40+ km with 7"quad). But as usual, there are Minuses also ;) a lot more difficult to fly especially landing and orbit for me ;) a lot more difficult to care and to set up before the flight, no care refresh ;) or even find my drone (there are ways but hard to set ;) )
Sometimes there are vibrations in the footage especially in strong wind :(
Crossfire seems great for now - I lost video twice already - the controller was working fine ;)
All in all it's too early for me to have a final opinion but for now, I keep my Avata 2 ;) :)
Good Call, thanks for the info

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler