DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First video (Bali and Flores)

Stingels

Reactions
Hi All

So I'd appreciate any feedback on my first video shot with my Mavic Air during our Indonesia holiday.

Things I have already done since that holiday is:
1) Lower the gimbal speed
2) Buy a ND filter set so I can use the correct shutter speed (some shots in the video were Manual and some Auto)
3) Start looking for a new PC - my computer can't handle editing 4k footage!! (So the Youtube version is 1080p)

Any feedback on framing and or speed or other types of shots I can use would be appreciated.

I found myself repeating the same type of "dronie" shots every time. What else can I do to make it interesting? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: JMF and Stevezphoto
Some really nice shots! The gimbal shots worked for me, I thought they were well framed and revealed the full scene nicely. There was minor jerkiness on some shots, but it wasn't that jarring. Perhaps a little long - maybe you have enough footage for two shorter vids?

Thanks for the input Wagdog. Indeed - this clip was more for us to remember the holiday than purely to show the drone footage. I'll think about creating a separate drone video, but finding time to edit is a problem ;)

Reactions: mrwagdog
Looks great. I loved Bali so much. Hard to visit anywhere else and not just return to Bali after our trip. I specifically summitted Mount Agung (it erupted shortly after my climb) just so I could fly my magic and I was absolutely devastated to have lost all the footage due to a corrupt memory card. But man was Bali and incredible place.

I’d recommend trying Spotlight mode in Activetrack- let’s you take some impressive flybyes

Just a small observation (& I’m not meaning to come over as a member of the drone police), but a couple of your shots were taken over some pretty busy beaches - I wouldn’t make a habit of it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada