DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First video need some advice

Sneak

Reactions
I've pretty much filled my micro sd card and I'm wanting to throw a video together to show my family. I have a old laptop so I DLed Shotcut and VSDC. I have a mini 2 and have been recording in 4k 30fps and 2.7@60fps. If anyone has used these programs, I need some help with the rendering settings. I want it to be the highest quality possible and I know that it will take forever to render. I want to put on youtube or is there another site that will keep the quality high? *Just looking for the correct settings to use so that it will be the highest quality*
Also what settings should i use for faster rendering and still keep the quality high. I've tried davinci resolve and it kept freezing my computer lol. So Shotcut and VSDC is what i got! Thanks for reading! Any input is appreciated.

I use shotcut for 4K 30fps edit on my laptop. I export to 4k 100% for YouTube and downgrade for1080p for Facebook videos. I never bothered with recording less than 4K, except by accident to 1080p.
Shotcut will take a lot of learning but it is quite capable with transitions, multiple video and audio tracts. You can find a lot of tutorials on YouTube--some good, some very good, and some not so good.
Download and store your videos on your laptop to free us space on the card. An external USB drive on you laptop will give extra space and can work with edits.

Have you actually checked that your "old laptop" can handle video shot at these resoulutions and possibly using the K.265? codec?
Mine can not.

Reactions: Crash Gibby
thanks for the replys. I've dragged a few vids from the sd card to the laptop and it does play the 4k and 2.7k vids. They look pretty good too. I just want to do a little color grading and make them look nice.

thanks for the replys. I've dragged a few vids from the sd card to the laptop and it does play the 4k and 2.7k vids. They look pretty good too. I just want to do a little color grading and make them look nice.In mh
In my opinion the primary focus should be on creating a pleasing video story with your original videos by removing unwanted parts and linking clips together to tell your story. After that do you color correcting only if there was a problem with original takes. The same goes for speed adjustment; trying to fix a problem with a bad original is not likely to make a bad take into a good video.
When possible, re-take your videos with plan.

As far as export settings, I'd go with h.264, around 10-15mbps for FHD or 15-20 for 4K.

I am also the owner of some old computers, and the DJI Mini drones.
I have a laptop running win10 (mostly, sometimes Linux from USB-memory stick) and it is somehow capable of editing using DaVinci resolve 17.xx. I do not use so many tracks at a time for my (rather simple) videos.
But most of the time, I use an old desktop computer running Linux (Ubuntu 20.04). In the program KDEnlive I can do much the same editing as in DaVinci. I am not using all the advanced techniques and functions in DaVinci, nor in KDEnlive.
I know that KDEnlive also exists for Window, but I have no clues, which computer powers you have, and I do not know how the product works in Win-environments.
Here are requirements for Win7+ computers:
I hope you find something that will work for you! :)
All the best,
creamand

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242