DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fishing with the mavic 2 pro

Larry70

Reactions
I watched a video by a mavic 2 pro pilot and he had a hook attached to the underside of his drone to lift a fishing line in the air and carry it out over the water and release it. It worked well but he didn’t show how the hook was attached to the underside of the mavic 2 pro. Does anyone have ideas or knowledge of how this could be done without weakening the structure or covering the sensors?
Thanks,
Larry70

I watched a video by a mavic 2 pro pilot and he had a hook attached to the underside of his drone to lift a fishing line in the air and carry it out over the water and release it. It worked well but he didn’t show how the hook was attached to the underside of the mavic 2 pro. Does anyone have ideas or knowledge of how this could be done without weakening the structure or covering the sensors?
Thanks,
Larry70
I’ve done this using my Luke Cube Mount... without the lights of course. I’m sure there are cheaper ways.

Reactions: Skywatcher2001
I’ve done this using my Luke Cube Mount... without the lights of course. I’m sure there are cheaper ways.
How do you attach the fishing line across the two Lume Cube mounts, as using one would seem to pull it to that side?

Here’s a video from another thread on this:

Check out the Gannet Sport bait release for Mavic Pro. They work beautifully and will keep you from losing your drone while fishing.. it will release automatically from a bird strike or a snag without pulling your drone into the drink. There are YouTube videos showing the system that you looked at, with the hook, that have very bad endings. Splish-splash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose