DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flew my old Spark today.

Tentoes

Reactions
Wow. I can't believe how much more advanced MA2 is!

Reactions: hiflyer201
And it should be. It’s 2X the cost!

Reactions: Tentoes
And it should be. It’s 2X the cost!
I bought the Spark Fly More Combo 3 years ago when it first came out. It cost me $699 USD from DJI. So that makes the price difference between the Spark FMC and MA2 FMC at about 43%. For that 43% I'm getting a lot more value than my 3 year old expenditure.

@Tentoes - the biggest plus for me is the range and smooth video feed. I was lucky to get 1000' before the video feed would drop, and that's in a rural environment.

I love my little Spark. It's sturdy, you can pack it around in your hand without folding it and have no worries of breaking it and all the good things that go with that..but..It's no Air 2.
I think the thing I like most about the 2 is the fact that we have all heard "New and improved model" and then it turns out to be the same old thing with bigger fins..(age related ref.) That is not the Air 2!

I bought the Spark Fly More Combo 3 years ago when it first came out. It cost me $699 USD from DJI. So that makes the price difference between the Spark FMC and MA2 FMC at about 43%. For that 43% I'm getting a lot more value than my 3 year old expenditure.

@Tentoes - the biggest plus for me is the range and smooth video feed. I was lucky to get 1000' before the video feed would drop, and that's in a rural environment.

Yes. I love the more solid contact and how smooth it flies!

Reactions: Thomas B
I love my little Spark. It's sturdy, you can pack it around in your hand without folding it and have no worries of breaking it and all the good things that go with that..but..It's no Air 2.
I think the thing I like most about the 2 is the fact that we have all heard "New and improved model" and then it turns out to be the same old thing with bigger fins..(age related ref.) That is not the Air 2!
Still my go to drone for family gatherings or spontaneous flights. I use a belt holster made specifically for it.

I love my Spark too. Really the only drawback is the short flight time. Mine is almost 3 years old and is usually flown 4 or 5 times a week.

Just ordered a mini combo (my first Mavic) on Prime Day Day. Wasn’t planning on it but the killer price and the fact that I am having trouble finding a good flex cable to replace the one on my P3S that has failed, made me pull the trigger on the mini.

Chris

Didn’t mention it above, but one of the Spark’s coolest features is being able to fly it with hand signals

Didn’t mention it above, but one of the Spark’s coolest features is being able to fly it with hand signals

Tried it a couple of times and the only hand signal the Spark got from me was the middle finger as it flew past me on it's own. ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll