DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight data question

NormanS

Reactions
I am new to drones and learning a lot from this forum. I have a m2z and sc. I have a micro sd in the SC. Not in the m2z.

When I connect the m2z to my laptop using assistant 2 it cannot find any flight data. Is the data stored in the SC and not on the m2z?

Should I put a micro sd in the drone?

Thanks

I am new to drones and learning a lot from this forum. I have a m2z and sc. I have a micro sd in the SC. Not in the m2z.

When I connect the m2z to my laptop using assistant 2 it cannot find any flight data. Is the data stored in the SC and not on the m2z?

Should I put a micro sd in the drone?

Thanks
I use my SD card in my M2P. To read and/ or download I use a card reader.

when you put the SD card in the drone the first time you need to tell it to use the SD card in your settings.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
The full resolution video and photos are stored on the M2Z itself, either in the built-in 8GB storage, or a user supplied SD card installed on the AC. 8GB is not much so a U3 certified SD card of at least 32GB is recommended. Besides, to transfer out of the internal storage you have to connect to AC by USB and have it on, while with an SD, just pop it out, put it in a card reader.

The AC has logs and can be retrieved with Assistant 2 on a PC, but they are encrypted that only DJI can read them

There are logs also on the mobile device running the Go app which can be read. Don't worry about that right now though. Get familiar with how to fly and use your M2Z. Full manual can be downloaded from DJI site. It is highly recommended that you read it.

When the assistant 2 is running and the drone connected by USB you should not need to go looking for the logs. From memory access to them is one of 3? options presented on the assistant's front? page. ONLY DAT's are stored on the drone and they are encrypted as mentioned by DanMan32. They are also very slow to download, I do not think I have ever seem more the 8kb/s.
I don't know about the SC but with the std controller txt flight logs are stored on the phone, whether DAT's are created seems to depend on the controller model. it seems RC1A's create them and RC1B's do not.

Thank you all. I still have a lot to learn. It is very windy at present where we are in the UK. Once I can get to fly I will post a video of the 70 miles we can see from ur hill top looking towards Coventry and the North Pole I assume

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme