DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight data...

Are you asking about accessing data on the drone, or in the App on the phone or both?

I suspect that only encrytpted DAT files exist on or in the drone and that, with regards to logs, the Assistant 2 is meant to access the drone rather that the App. If the DAT files on the drone are encrypted then it it likely that ONLY DJI can read them. You can likely store them on the computer, via the assistant, (as you can with the Mavic Mini) but that is likely about all you can do with the assistant with regards to logs.

If you are talking about logs on the phone, then normally the assistant is not needed to access those logs. An 'unaided' USB connection from the phone to a computer is all that is required. Also there are probably two sorts of logs on the phone, DAT's and txt's.
From posts on here I think DJI started encrypting the phone DAT's when they launched the Mini 2, the .txt's are apparently readable by the software CsvView.

Given the change to encrypted DAT's on the phone I supposed it might be worth having a look to see if DJI have removed the encryption on the drone's DAT's but I wouldn't gamble on that having happened

Are they really encrypted, or just encoded differently that nobody has been able to decode yet?

Are they really encrypted, or just encoded differently that nobody has been able to decode yet?

If the answer to your seemingly pedantic semantic challenge might be "no" where does that get anyone?

The reality is the .dat files are written in such a manner that they can't be subject to any meaningful interpretation by third parties.

It might be DJI's principal intent is to prevent manipulation of the encoded data by third parties rather than protect the content from read access (motivations and benefits here should be obvious).

In any case- for the purpose of this discussion the files are encrypted.

I can tell you how to access flights history: Inside DJI Fly, go to profile, then press "More"
Hope this helps

I can tell you how to access flights history: Inside DJI Fly, go to profile, then press "More"
Hope this helps
WOW!!! Just found the video of the data on the map / satellite - this is awesome. How can I now download this video to my laptop?

WOW!!! Just found the video of the data on the map / satellite - this is awesome. How can I now download this video to my laptop?
If you're talking about the flight log playback, you can retrieve the TXT flight log for use with log analysis but the video representation you can't.

If you're talking about the flight log playback, you can retrieve the TXT flight log for use with log analysis but the video representation you can't.
So some sort of iphone screen recorder is the only option, I guess?

That's the easiest way. There is an app out there that will emulate pilot view but a bit pricey IMO.

Discussion about it:

ok, then its a new Q: Where to find the TXT flight log?

From the link you posted under 2. LOG FILE TYPES- Aircraft DAT files "Unfortunately, on recent DJI models (Mavic Air, Mavic 2, Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2) the decryption keys are hidden, and so those are not readable except by DJI."....

It is likely one area of speculation of arguable triviality can be put to bed- the existence of "encryption keys" suggests the .DAT files subject of your comments are in fact encrypted (even in strict accordance with your narrow definition).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima