DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight in Tight Spaces

Explain the 6 by grid? Some controller setting no doubt. I launch with no GPS, fly through a "tunnel" of foliage / trees to get out into the open sometimes. Need all the help I can get :)
Sorry miss quoted. It’s a nine grid. Anyway most use it for the perfect shot. So they can get the rule of thirds in the shot. However. I found with camera straight and use the center box and of course knowing the size of craft I can get through a lot of small areas. Don’t get me wrong im not expert but love to try through small areas and don’t like repairs or buying new. Lol. It’s just a camera setting. Nice job still. I eventually want to learn to fly the 5 in through stuff like that. Lol

That is for sure. This was the first (and last) day of squeezin betwixt and between.
Well, I fly my Mavic Air and love it. I am soon going for the M2P or Z just not sure. I did not get a scratch on the air in almost two years, and I don't think ( no i'm sure ) i will not try that with my $1,600 drone, but we love viewing
the videos of those who will. So, get better and come back with a new one, (video that is, not drone I hope).

Big adenaline and good practice. I was probably pretty lucky to emerged relatively unscathed. The only casualty is I now have a box marked “beater props.“.

The prop guards and gimbal protector make it less risky than it looks. On the other hand, I no longer have the urge to do it.
I suggest you re-label the "Beater Props" box to "Throw Away Props". Then make sure they are in the bin on trash day. Sooner or later you might be tempted to use a set of those props and you would have a high likelihood of loosing your drone because of a bad decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: Made2Phly
I suggest you re-label the "Beater Props" box to "Throw Away Props". Then make sure they are in the bin on trash day. Sooner or later you might be tempted to use a set of those props and you would have a high likelihood of loosing your drone because of a bad decision.
As a quick aside - really is there no value to saving the "beater" props? I've been doing it because sometimes only one blade may have damage.

Once I am not happy with the condition of a prop I discard it. Props are cheap compared to drones and possible claims for damage to others on the ground.

Once I am not happy with the condition of a prop I discard it. Props are cheap compared to drones and possible claims for damage to others on the ground.
Appears they have screws - where I can change out a blade?
Ill advised? I agree they are inexpensive - 30 a set - I go through more than most it seems. So much that I have quite a collection in the dead bin.

Appears they have screws - where I can change out a blade?
Ill advised? I agree they are inexpensive - 30 a set - I go through more than most it seems. So much that I have quite a collection in the dead bin.
I had the same collection! ;) Then I jus threw them out and bought a couple of sets of new ones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise