DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

" Flight Mode Switch" on Smart Controller

HH-1

Reactions
I updated the controller to Version 1.04.0064, and after I did, I noticed that I do not gat the choice in the pages of the program to choose "Multiple Flight Modes." Now the only way I can choose the flight mode is by the switch on the front of the controller. Has anyone else noticed this?20220501_113309-3-4-5.jpg

I didn't even know that you could switch flight modes in the settings. I know you can "enable flight modes" in the settings, but didn't know about changing them in there. I would think the switch on the front of the controller would be the fastest/easiest way to change flight modes at any time. That's what I've always used, so I didn't notice any changes. I've had times that after updating I had to go in and re-enable the flight modes so the switch would work again, but that's about it.

Reactions: HH-1
I didn't even know that you could switch flight modes in the settings. I know you can "enable flight modes" in the settings, but didn't know about changing them in there. I would think the switch on the front of the controller would be the fastest/easiest way to change flight modes at any time. That's what I've always used, so I didn't notice any changes. I've had times that after updating I had to go in and re-enable the flight modes so the switch would work again, but that's about it.
Ouch . . . you caught me! I think as you say "enable" flight modes is correct, "switch" flight modes in not correct, unless you are using the "Flight Mode Switch."! I only saw it twice before updating, then after updating, it was gone. From the manual "enable Multiple Flight Modes." But that's not there anymore with this update.

Ouch . . . you caught me! I think as you say "enable" flight modes is correct, "switch" flight modes in not correct, unless you are using the "Flight Mode Switch."! I only saw it twice before updating, then after updating, it was gone. From the manual "enable Multiple Flight Modes." But that's not there anymore with this update.
My controller is version 01.01.0064, and my aircraft is version 01.00.0770 Just wanted to get that out in front in case yours is different. I have the M2Z, but that's the same as the pro I think. I use the DJI GO4 app (or Litchi) to fly my M2Z. Anyway, start your Smart Controller and fire up the drone as well. From the main screen tap the "GO" button, then when it gets done with the version check tap "Go Fly", then tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then tap the the the "Fan Blade" looking icon in the upper left corner (MC Settings), you should now see the "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" button. That should be it, good luck.

After reviewing your original message, I see you didn't say which aircraft you're using or what app you're using to access the aircraft. At any rate, I believe you need to access the "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" switch through the menus in your fly app whichever you use. I'm sure the DJI Fly app would be slightly different if that's what your using, but it should be in there somewhere. If you let folks know what AC or app you're using, maybe someone using that app will chime in with the exact menu location.

Last edited:
My controller is version 01.01.0064, and my aircraft is version 01.00.0770 Just wanted to get that out in front in case yours is different. I have the M2Z, but that's the same as the pro I think. I use the DJI GO4 app (or Litchi) to fly my M2Z. Anyway, start your Smart Controller and fire up the drone as well. From the main screen tap the "GO" button, then when it gets done with the version check tap "Go Fly", then tap the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then tap the the the "Fan Blade" looking icon in the upper left corner (MC Settings), you should now see the "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" button. That should be it, good luck.

After reviewing your original message, I see you didn't say which aircraft you're using or what app you're using to access the aircraft. At any rate, I believe you need to access the "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes" switch through the menus in your fly app whichever you use. I'm sure the DJI Fly app would be slightly different if that's what your using, but it should be in there somewhere. If you let folks know what AC or app you're using, maybe someone using that app will chime in with the exact menu location.
Thanks for the reply, good discussions like this are hard to find:) I have Mini2, and am using DJI Go Fly on SC. I do NOT get the "Fan Blade," nor to I get "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes," however - with the ORIGINAL Firm?Soft Ware that was in the SC when I first got it, I DID see the Fan Blade and those choices, now they are not there. The Update is what changed things. I am going to try and attach a Capture of the screen I got after tapping the three dots, it shows the versions of what is in the SC.
Screenshot_20220505-085629.png

Thanks for the reply, good discussions like this are hard to find:) I have Mini2, and am using DJI Go Fly on SC. I do NOT get the "Fan Blade," nor to I get "Enable Intelligent Flight Modes," however - with the ORIGINAL Firm?Soft Ware that was in the SC when I first got it, I DID see the Fan Blade and those choices, now they are not there. The Update is what changed things. I am going to try and attach a Capture of the screen I got after tapping the three dots, it shows the versions of what is in the SC.
View attachment 147774
Ok, as I mentioned I use DJI GO4 so it is going to be different than yours since flight modes are controlled in the flight control app you use (DJI Fly in your case). Hopefully someone who uses DJI Fly with the Smart Controller will chime in and let know if it disappeared in theirs as well. I would think it would be in the control section of the screen that you posted. They may have decided to just enable them all the time. Maybe they were getting lots of calls from folks that their flight modes weren't working, only to have to explain to them how to turn them back on. I really don't know why anyone would ever want to turn them off, so it probably would make sense.

Ok, as I mentioned I use DJI GO4 so it is going to be different than yours since flight modes are controlled in the flight control app you use (DJI Fly in your case). Hopefully someone who uses DJI Fly with the Smart Controller will chime in and let know if it disappeared in theirs as well. I would think it would be in the control section of the screen that you posted. They may have decided to just enable them all the time. Maybe they were getting lots of calls from folks that their flight modes weren't working, only to have to explain to them how to turn them back on. I really don't know why anyone would ever want to turn them off, so it probably would make sense.
I feel that was as well, I mainly was putting up the first post to alert anyone who noticed it, that someone else had that happen as well, but also to see IF they truly had changed it, and never mentioned it??? Thank you for sharing your information, it makes sense.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlaut