DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight of the Phoenix, wire insulation question.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

I bought a Mini 2 scrapper, crashed, ( by word of mouth broken arms & gimbal) with the intention of cutting up the gimbal to see how things are assembled but when I actually got my hands on it the gimbal was just jammed and it was the middle shell that was broken, not the arms. I had a middle shell to hand and I now have the drone largely rebuilt however I have a slight problem with one of the front motor wires. To get the motor wiring out of the old shell I had to cut some glue and it seems I shaved the insulation on one wire in the process.
What would you be inclined to do to safeguard the conductor?
I was thinking of, if there is such a thing, a paint on flexible insulation but when taking the attached photos it occurred to me the shave is in a non flexing area and just needs insulation to avoid corrosion etc. so a bead of 'near setting' Araldite might do. Plus it would glue the wires in place as they had been originally.
If it weren't for this I'd have already had a test flight.......I think.

Attachments

• shaved insulation 2.jpg
    shaved insulation 2.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 17
  • shaved insulation.jpg
    shaved insulation.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 17
I bought a Mini 2 scrapper, crashed, ( by word of mouth broken arms & gimbal) with the intention of cutting up the gimbal to see how things are assembled but when I actually got my hands on it the gimbal was just jammed and it was the middle shell that was broken, not the arms. I had a middle shell to hand and I now have the drone largely rebuilt however I have a slight problem with one of the front motor wires. To get the motor wiring out of the old shell I had to cut some glue and it seems I shaved the insulation on one wire in the process.
What would you be inclined to do to safeguard the conductor?
I was thinking of, if there is such a thing, a paint on flexible insulation but when taking the attached photos it occurred to me the shave is in a non flexing area and just needs insulation to avoid corrosion etc. so a bead of 'near setting' Araldite might do. Plus it would glue the wires in place as they had been originally.
If it weren't for this I'd have already had a test flight.......I think.
It doesn't look like any of the conductors were damaged. Seems like a relatively minor issue.
Your idea sounds good.

If you are worried about it you could paint the wires with nail polish.

They do make a liquid wire insulation in a can, just for electrical, but you already have a handle on it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mieciu