DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Status indicatotor:

SpitFire

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Red Light flashing when the MP reaches 20feet high or less. Flight status indicator says cause may be
IMU error. Also: Message "The downward sensor is abnormal causing the aircraft unstable at low altitude. Please land immediately and fly with caution". As I mentioned Blinking red light after take off. All systems go until Bird gets a little height. Compass good, Flight status OK safe to fly GPS. Record Home Position,Take Off Auto, Check Stability, good, Led lights on, Flight control, Test all directions on both sticks.Signal strength good, Satellites; safe to fly. All systems go until I get a little height, and then bird
starts to climb slowly. Learned to put it in tripod mode, slower ascent, keeps gaining height and does not
respond to RC. Never had this problem before, need some suggestions, if anybody else has had this problem please let me know what the fix is. When I press RTH, it does respond and lands, using auto land on my Mini4 tablet. All I know is that the IMU, helps the MP fly, don't want to mess with that if its not the problem. Have had my bird five months now, no crashes, Tried flying in different locations, 5 to be exact
but same problem. Update latest firmware updated

Turn off the downward vision in djigo4 and takeoff to see is there a difference in the behavior. With that system off the mavic may float a bit more than usual because the positioning will be managed only by the gps but that is fine. If there are no errors in the following flight means that the problem is in that piece of hardware.
It could be the sensor itself but it may need a fresh callibration of the downward vision system using djiassistant2 and desktop computer.

Red Light flashing when the MP reaches 20feet high or less. Flight status indicator says cause may be
IMU error. Also: Message "The downward sensor is abnormal causing the aircraft unstable at low altitude. Please land immediately and fly with caution". As I mentioned Blinking red light after take off. All systems go until Bird gets a little height. Compass good, Flight status OK safe to fly GPS. Record Home Position,Take Off Auto, Check Stability, good, Led lights on, Flight control, Test all directions on both sticks.Signal strength good, Satellites; safe to fly. All systems go until I get a little height, and then bird
starts to climb slowly. Learned to put it in tripod mode, slower ascent, keeps gaining height and does not
respond to RC. Never had this problem before, need some suggestions, if anybody else has had this problem please let me know what the fix is. When I press RTH, it does respond and lands, using auto land on my Mini4 tablet. All I know is that the IMU, helps the MP fly, don't want to mess with that if its not the problem. Have had my bird five months now, no crashes, Tried flying in different locations, 5 to be exact
but same problem. Update latest firmware updated
Maybe check if the downward cameras lens are clean and if nothing cover the ultra-sonic sensors at bottom.

Reactions: MavicCF
Have you tried calibrating the IMU?

Turn off the downward vision in djigo4 and takeoff to see is there a difference in the behavior. With that system off the mavic may float a bit more than usual because the positioning will be managed only by the gps but that is fine. If there are no errors in the following flight means that the problem is in that piece of hardware.
It could be the sensor itself but it may need a fresh callibration of the downward vision system using djiassistant2 and desktop computer.
Thank You, I will try your suggestion.

Have you tried calibrating the IMU?
No, Not yet wanted to see if any other options were open to me. But, will try doing
IMU calibration if every thing else fails. Since I have received feed back from two
Pilots about the IMU calibration. It encourages me to do it. Thank You.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada