DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Through Time - A Year Long Journey

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
From my YouTube description:
Flight Through Time is a year long endeavor to create a live video to witness the changing of the seasons. It is basically a period lapse (not a time lapse) meaning it is live video, while using a dynamic field of view, and wrapped in a time travel storyline. Translation... you just have to watch it!

This is nothing new, just my attempt at the technique using my MPP. It is also my first live sound video, so make sure the sound is on. Please enjoy!

@RadioFlyerMan another wonderful video the subtle transitions were amazing, loved the flux capacitors ,and you hadn't aged one little bit,from take off to landing

Oh wow - that is very good Sir ... Hat's off to you! and big applause!!

Reactions: old man mavic
the added humour in your stuff is what makes it for me its so entertaining and it adds to the great shots you get

the added humour in your stuff is what makes it for me its so entertaining and it adds to the great shots you get
Gotta make it fun! I laugh during production, and my wife laughs at me for the crazy stuff I do. But then she joins in and helps. There some things I just can't do by myself anymore. I'm getting old!

Reactions: old man mavic
Gotta make it fun! I laugh during production, and my wife laughs at me for the crazy stuff I do. But then she joins in and helps. There some things I just can't do by myself anymore. I'm getting old!
like wise old friend, still if we can bring a smile to people's faces sometimes it cant be bad

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Excelllent! One year flight with a nuclear Mavic! ?

• Haha
Flight Through Time is a year long endeavor to create a live video to witness the changing of the seasons. It is basically a period lapse (not a time lapse) meaning it is live video, while using a dynamic field of view, and wrapped in a time travel storyline. Translation... you just have to watch it!

This is nothing new, just my attempt at the technique using my MPP. It is also my first live sound video, so make sure the sound is on. Please enjoy!

What a great video, well done!

That was a really wonderful video! Great composition, editing, and story-telling. I really appreciated the "Out of Africa" music where Robert Redford flies his plane for Meryl Streep. As a "QC" (quality control) point, the take off scene features a landing pad and a white vest, whereas the landing features a landing on a tarmac, and an orange vest, but hey, whose checking. (My son in law does quality control (QC) on pre-release Hollywood films for a living and catches all of these errors, like scratched negatives, point of view, changes in color or white balance, etc).

Awesome! What video editor are you using?
I'm using Final Cut Pro X for about 7 months now. I'm finally getting the hang of it. I thought about Adobe, but didn't want to pay the big bucks!

Enjo

Enjoyed your video. The highlight for me was the completely over the top illustration of the changing seasons in the segment just after 4 min into you vid! Well done!

That was a really wonderful video! Great composition, editing, and story-telling. I really appreciated the "Out of Africa" music where Robert Redford flies his plane for Meryl Streep. As a "QC" (quality control) point, the take off scene features a landing pad and a white vest, whereas the landing features a landing on a tarmac, and an orange vest, but hey, whose checking. (My son in law does quality control (QC) on pre-release Hollywood films for a living and catches all of these errors, like scratched negatives, point of view, changes in color or white balance, etc).
Thank you. I like that you paid attention to detail. You hit the nail on the head! The idea of no landing pad and different outfit was to convey a whole different day... supposedly things are different a year later! Actually the Take off and Landing sequences were filmed about a day apart. I had to have something look different.;)

This whole storyline evolved. I first put together the forest/season transition sequence. Then kinda tinkered around with the Back to the Future story. My wife rolled her eyes and laughed at me went she saw what I was doing. But then she pitched in and helped out with the sequencing shots.

Regarding the sound, I've always wanted to "simulate" motor sound and view the flight from both external and internal to the drone. It's kinda crude as it was my first attempt at such a thing.

Although amateurish, I'm having fun at this hobby, and I'd like others to see, feel and smell my enthusiasm for flight cinematography and the art of movie making.

Thank you. I like that you paid attention to detail. You hit the nail on the head! The idea of no landing pad and different outfit was to convey a whole different day... supposedly things are different a year later! Actually the Take off and Landing sequences were filmed about a day apart. I had to have something look different.;)

This whole storyline evolved. I first put together the forest/season transition sequence. Then kinda tinkered around with the Back to the Future story. My wife rolled her eyes and laughed at me went she saw what I was doing. But then she pitched in and helped out with the sequencing shots.

Regarding the sound, I've always wanted to "simulate" motor sound and view the flight from both external and internal to the drone. It's kinda crude as it was my first attempt at such a thing.

Although amateurish, I'm having fun at this hobby, and I'd like others to see, feel and smell my enthusiasm for flight cinematography and the art of movie making.
Editing is so much fun.

I'd like to give you my little secret for sound effects- be sure to tell no one! I go to the sources I need, such as videos or any music or sound effects I need and record them on my iPhone Voice Memos. Then, send them to my iMAC with Air Drop. I can then add the sound clips to my show (Adobe Premiere Pro). I've gotten some ocean waves and birds chirping in my last video. I also pay for music (MusicBed.com) on a yearly subscription. As a retiree, I love spending 4 hours editing, like I did all day yesterday, not to mention the hours it requires for timelapse photography, and scouting for flying locations, and flying. Sure beats sitting in an easy chair watching television.

By there way, what in the heck was that radioactive cylinder on top of the drone? Was that for real?

Dale
Miami

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook