DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight Time Conditions

Its only a guide buddy, i tend to use it for windspeed and have a good look around for the rest. Like most weather forecasting apps, it's rarely accurate.

Reactions: clovis09
As someone else alluded to, you can change the settings for what conditions give you a not good to fly warning. In the area I fly 100% cloud cover makes no difference so I went into settings and turned off any warning due to cloud cover. I use the app a lot and have found it useful.

I also have an app called LiveATC. It’s fun to listen to radio traffic between ATC and planes but if you set it to an airport nearby it gives much more accurate and current wind info. E.g. 07009G15KT. Translates to wind coming from 70 degrees on compass ( a little north of due east) at 9 knots gusting to 15 knots. There are also other aviation weather apps that will give you more detailed weather semi translated to English.

Thank you so much for the feedback!

I have the same app. I have never had it say anything other than "NOT GOOD TO FLY" no matter what the conditions. Right now the temp here is 50f wind at ground level 2 MPH with gusts up to 6 MPH and at 500 ft winds are at 5MPH with gusts up to 13MPH and perfectly crystal blue skies and the app says "NOT GOOD TO FLY". I like the info the app gives on conditions so I just check the situation and make my own decision and ignore the apps suggestion on flying.

PS I WILL be flying today no matter what the app says because the conditions are perfect.:p:p

You can go into settings and change what causes a not good to fly warning. On mine I changed it so clouds didn’t cause that warning.

DEMAND A REFUND!!
LOL
That app is only worth 10% of what you paid for it. ;)
Perhaps if you live deep in a cave and can't see the outdoors, it may have some use.
I deleted that app right after downloading it and looking at it. It's pretty much a waste of space on a device.

Thanks everyone. I changed my perameters on the app to more realistic settings and now it tells me the conditions are good to fly!! (Which I already knew)

Got tired of it saying not good to fly. Got rid of the app. Better apps available.
I changed parameters and it work well once it's dialed in. Set it at 400 ft for wind. It's pretty obvious what the wind is at ground level. What have you found that works better? I would be interested in giving it a try.

Hey everyone, I’m puzzled on this one. I have an app that gives me the conditions at the current time. Any suggestions on why it would be telling me that it isn’t good to fly?
bf79439590771ca19e3dc180f1c177e1.jpg
I believe that the "!" on the bottom and the following text indicating "Two Nearby Airports" may be the reason.

I see blue skies and very few clouds and the wind is hardly blowing. I’m puzzled why it’s telling me this.
If you see what is red is cloud cover, go to setting and change cloud cover max to flight safely around 20% and set all others patameters to what you think is safe for you most important wind speed and gust.

Reactions: Abkwasigroh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife