DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flight time

Humming.birdM2P

Reactions
What realistic flight. times can you expect out of a M2P, DJI says something like 30 min. I live at 8000' and that would be great But i am thinking more like 15-20 min would be more like it. What are you guys experiencing ?.
Thanks
Chuck

If one wants to squeak it out, sure you might get 30 minutes, but keep in mind these numbers are the max you can get in perfect conditions - most likely at sea level and hovering... AND running your batteries down past 25% which can eventually damage them.

I'm not sure if this is a straight performance correlation, but the air density difference would be:

70 degrees @ 25% humidity at sea level = 97.5 %
70 degrees @ 25% humidity at 8000 feet = 72.3 %

Roughly a 25% difference in air density.... would that mean a 25% decrease in flight time? I don't know but it would be reasonable to assume it would fall somewhere near that figure.

I typically fly at around 800 feet ASL and I only count on about 20-22 minutes flight time to be good on my batteries. To get close to that 30 minutes I have, once, unintentionally gone down to about 12% on my battery.

Hope this helps.

All of that, plus I quite often come back before I need to. That is, after some shooting, if I feel "I want to go over and shoot some'a that", I first look at the battery timer and if it looks tight, I'll just come back and swap batteries.

I don't feel the need to always expend as much battery as I can — the mission is the photography job.

Conversely, when I think "Okay, I got what I needed out of that flight" but notice that I have plenty of juice left, I might poke around for awhile longer to see if there's anything else that's interesting. Again, not out of a duty to get max use of the battery.

Chris

Reactions: Crashdummytest
I fly a Mavic 2 pro at an elevation of 6,000 feet and usually can count only 15 minutes of flight time per battery. No way can I imagine getting any where near 30 minutes.

So its looks like I mite expect to see 15 to maybe 22 min. on the hi end, at 8000' that will be great.
my inspires willl only give us 10-12 min. and you better be heading home.
Thanks guys
Chuck

So its looks like I mite expect to see 15 to maybe 22 min. on the hi end, at 8000' that will be great.
my inspires willl only give us 10-12 min. and you better be heading home.
Thanks guys
Chuck
I recall seeing somewhere that DJI has made special props for Inspire ( not sure if it's I or II ) for high-altitude operation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura