DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Float mount for Mavic pro

I use pool a noodle. When first testing, the drone kept taking altitude. It did not stay still above ground. Found out that the bracket interfered with the down sensors. I grinded the bracket side a little (see picture 2). Now it flies perfectly.

Attachments

• Mavic floats 01.JPG
    Mavic floats 01.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 130
  • Mavic floats 02.JPG
    Mavic floats 02.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: Mxs and SeaComms
I use pool a noodle. When first testing, the drone kept taking altitude. It did not stay still above ground. Found out that the bracket interfered with the down sensors. I grinded the bracket side a little (see picture 2). Now it flies perfectly.

It looks like it's carrying two giant sticks of dynamite!

:rolleyes:

I did a test flight without the floats just to see and Mavic handled it perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_4724.JPG
    IMG_4724.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 89
I know the guy who designed them (He used to be on this forum).
Make sure you thank him on Thingiverse. [emoji4]

Dino46, What did you use to fill in the gaps of the pool noodles? Also, did you reinforce the front tab holding the mount in place? I had this 3d printed but the tab broke off quite easily. I have superglued some plastic tab thing and it seems to be holding for now but it is inherently a weak design that could use some redesigning.

I guess the other solution with foam balls mounted below the motors is the better one, as it doesn't block the air flow from the propellers as much as this noodle solution does. So more flight time, more power reserves and even a wider footprint which better prevents capsizing.

Here's mine. Managed to get the egg end caps after so much searching.... Glued the caps on and it's done!!!

Attachments

• P_20180207_114710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20180207_114710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 37
Reactions: sonof40
495700351.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members