DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Florida police use drones to hunt for Brian Laundrie

They need to do everything they can to find this guy. If they think he's in there, how about flying a FLIR-equipped helicopter over @ night. I realize if 'he's no longer with us' that won't help much, but if he's 'hiding' like many suggest, they'd know it.

They need to do everything they can to find this guy. If they think he's in there, how about flying a FLIR-equipped helicopter over @ night. I realize if 'he's no longer with us' that won't help much, but if he's 'hiding' like many suggest, they'd know it.
FLIR isn't X-ray vision. He could hide from it under thick foliage. He would be able to hear when the helicopter was near, so he'd know when to hide. If he's under heavy tree cover and actively trying to avoid being found, it will be difficult to find him.

But time is on the side of the authorities. For now, he's stuck in solitary confinement in the woods. Eventually, he'll want to come out, contact someone, spend some money, etc. His photo is all over the place. The authorities are watching the movements of friends and family. If he leaves the woods or contacts any friends/relatives, he'll be caught.

There are just enough people who hate authority enough he can get help. It seems he's been traveling at night, may have been seen on an IR trail game camera, if the police have a general location within a day, he's closer to being found than his several day head start his folks allowed him.

FLIR isn't X-ray vision. He could hide from it under thick foliage. He would be able to hear when the helicopter was near, so he'd know when to hide. If he's under heavy tree cover and actively trying to avoid being found, it will be difficult to find him.

But time is on the side of the authorities. For now, he's stuck in solitary confinement in the woods. Eventually, he'll want to come out, contact someone, spend some money, etc. His photo is all over the place. The authorities are watching the movements of friends and family. If he leaves the woods or contacts any friends/relatives, he'll be caught.
You would be surprised at how well the Autel EVO II with a FLIR camera on it will pick out even a wild Boar.

Drones should be great for that type of thing but I think a video review is more useful than live feed.
They sure gave that guy a helluva head start

I completely agree with that statement, unless the minuscule chance of flying over happened a few minutes after… Well… I doubt I have to say the next part. But anyway, residual warmth.

Wow, that was really depressing to think about.

I have applied for a job at the sheriff’s office and one of the tasks were flying drones, while I am sad 😢 I wasn’t selected , I am happy they found the right candidate.

Reactions: Mavic-Master88
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore