DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly 1.5.0 (iOS) appears to have broken HLG mode

trwalp

Reactions
I post this because HLG works fine with an iPad Mini using 1.4.8 but does not work with an iPhone 11 Pro Max recently updated to 1.5.0.

Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version on an iPhone?

Delete it and install an earlier version. You'll need to ask DJI for a link to an earlier build or find a third party site hosting older builds.

On an Apple device one can only install apps from the Apple App Store unless the device is jailbroken(hacked).

With IOS, you cannot downgrade unless the previous version is provided in a beta/test mode where an app which I think its called Testflight will enable you to to install beta versions or perhaps older versions, never seen this done for any DJI app..

There are going to be slews of Fly updates, you just need to make sure that DJI is aware of the issue somehow, because with the release of the Mavic 3, and many features not enabled yet at release, there is a guarantee that there will be a number of new versions of Fly coming soon(er) or later to an app store near you..

It looks they broke more than just HLG mode. For some reason auto focus does not appear to work correctly either. I would have loved to use the new app because it supports the SC 5-way button. But there may well be more issues, but I am not about to find their bugs. I am downgrading.

I post this because HLG works fine with an iPad Mini using 1.4.8 but does not work with an iPhone 11 Pro Max recently updated to 1.5.0.

Is it possible to downgrade to an earlier version on an iPhone?

While there is no way to downgrade from the App Store, the video linked below uses iMazing to export an old app as an IPA file from one device, then install it in another. However, the video deals with an app that is no longer in the App Store. When I tried the same technique, the Library lists Fly v1.5.0, even though the connected iPad Mini has 1.4.8 on it, which is confirmed in the Device tab list of apps. But iMazing offers no way to "Export .IPA" from the Device tab; only from the Library tab. The resulting exported IPA is v1.5.0.

SO CLOSE!!! (I post this in hopes that someone will figure out a solution along these lines.)

Here's a link to the video.

Imazing if I recall is a paid program, which may limit some of features unless you bought it.

If you want to try and use it to revert to a previous version, Imazing would have had to have the previous version in its library to restore it, so you would have had to have a backup of 1.4.8.

While I am not sure why this is so critical at the moment, if you've reported the problem, I would assume that DJI will fix it in a future release, of which I expect several because of all the feature that need to be added to the Mavic 3.

I assume you've tried some other trouble-shooting like re-installing the app or if there was a firmware update involved, perhaps trying to re-install that with the DJI Assistant?

It's broken on Android also. But this is one reason I love android, I can downgrade easily to an earlier version. I went back to 1.4.12 and got my hlg back.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King