DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app 1.0.8 remote identification

Ger

Reactions
Just updated to the new version. Has anyone else noticed the " remote identification" , under the safety setting before? It says that it allows observers on the ground to track you. Mine was turned on automatically after the update.

Last edited:
That option has existed since the DJI Fly app came out, and not only does that app have it, it also has the DJI GO 4

That option has existed since the DJI Fly app came out, and not only does that app have it, it also has the DJI GO 4
Really? I thought I checked the menu over pretty thoroughly when I bought the drone and don't remember seeing it before the new app update. Same with the go 4 app with my spark. I'll take your word for it though. Thanks.

I can't find a "security" setting, nor a "Remote identification" option on the android version (1.0.8) of Fly.

I have a Privacy tab under Profile>settings, and there are a few GPS related options there but no "remote identification" nor anythat mention that in the popup description. Am I just being dumb, and missing something?

Really? I thought I checked the menu over pretty thoroughly when I bought the drone and don't remember seeing it before the new app update. Same with the go 4 app with my spark. I'll take your word for it though. Thanks.
Its been available and always forced "On" since it first came out, always seems to remain on after every reboot on iOS but not Android. Main thing is to disable it AFTER homepoint is set as it will reactivate if you disable prior.

Bug or feature? You decide.

I can't find a "security" setting, nor a "Remote identification" option on the android version (1.0.8) of Fly.

I have a Privacy tab under Profile>settings, and there are a few GPS related options there but no "remote identification" nor anythat mention that in the popup description. Am I just being dumb, and missing something?

It's under the safety tab, not security.

Attachments

• 20200416_105708.jpg
    20200416_105708.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 53
  • 20200416_105647.jpg
    20200416_105647.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: scro
Thanks @Ger Just checked, and I don't have that under the safety tab. Just "find my drone". Does the aircraft need to be connected for it to appear? Or is this a FCC/CE model difference?

Thanks @Ger Just checked, and I don't have that under the safety tab. Just "find my drone". Does the aircraft need to be connected for it to appear? Or is this a FCC/CE model difference?
I'm not sure but I would think so. I just updated my fly version yesterday and that is when I noticed it, however I have been told that it's always been there. I'm in Canada so under FCC here I believe.

Last edited:
It's one of the settings that only appear when the aircraft is connected. Just tried it on mine.
Just tried on mine and it only appears when the aircraft is connected Thumbswayup

Here's more clarification on what the

It's under Safety in the settings but it only shows up when everything is powered up and connected.

As mentioned, Dji has had the remote ID option since Dec 2017. Remote ID has been on the FAA's and European regulators radar since 2016. Dji is trying to stay ahead of the regulators but they're between a rock and a hard place. They have the regulators on one side and their customers on the other side. There is a lot of confusion and uncertainty over what's happening and what's going to happen with remote ID.

The app that would allow anyone to track drones that has raised concern was actually just a proof of concept demonstration and there are no plans to make it available.

This article from Dji tries to shed some light on it:

And:

Reactions: Starving Artist

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis