DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly App 1.2.2 is a mobile phone CPU hog

icecoldgin

Reactions
The Fly App 1.2.2 appears to be a mobile phone CPU hog. The warning alert saying that the mobile device CPU is overloaded appears every flight.

In fact in one flight during start up and even before take off, I already got this warning. I was using an iPhone 6 plus, on airplane mode, no sim card installed, brightness up to the maximum (it was very bright) and with no other apps running.

I never had this problem before in Fly App 1.2.1

Is anybody else experiencing this or is it just me, my phone and my tropical climate ?

The Fly App 1.2.2 appears to be a mobile phone CPU hog. The warning alert saying that the mobile device CPU is overloaded appears every flight.

In fact in one flight during start up and even before take off, I already got this warning. I was using an iPhone 6 plus, on airplane mode, no sim card installed, brightness up to the maximum (it was very bright) and with no other apps running.

Is anybody else experiencing this or is it just me, my phone and my tropical climate ?
Apples hate heat/direct sunshine...they throttle the CPU, thus your alert. The A8 processor is fine but in a phone you don't have as much cooling as a mini 4...it all adds up when coupled with the DJI App.. your probably just borderline with that device unfortunately. I love the Philippines, but let's face it not the coolest climate there :p Your phone is only rated to 35 Celcius/95 degrees Fahrenheit. Not much headroom with display full bright and once it starts running a App and heating up from ambient.

Last edited:
Apples hate heat/direct sunshine...they throttle the CPU, thus your alert. The A8 processor is fine but in a phone you don't have as much cooling as a mini 4...it all adds up when coupled with the DJI App.. your probably just borderline with that device unfortunately. I love the Philippines, but let's face it not the coolest climate there :p Your phone is only rated to 35 Celcius/95 degrees Fahrenheit. Not much headroom with display full bright and once it starts running a App and heating up from ambient.
I agree and I thought as much, i.e. it is the hot humid sunny weather here, but I did not get the same alert when I was running Fly App 1.2.1 and under more or less the same conditions. Thus my bewilderment.

I think that the added functionalities and features of Fly App 1.2.2 has made the phone CPU work a little more harder. That is my theory. If this persists, looks like I will have to move to my android phone to primarily run Fly App.

Last edited:

Good to see Apple people in the boat with us Android people for once

Stand under a tree in the shade.
I use a 10'2 iPad to fly with and smaller ones before that came out.
Is hot here in the summers in MS and we only have 2 seasons. Summer and winter.
Course I stand under a tree in the shade here when I am out and have yet to had any issue.
Now I do fly 90% of the time with it on my steering wheel in my truck on a tray as I like sitting in
the AC or heat with jams on softly :p

Reactions: Thomas B
Stand under a tree in the shade.
I use a 10'2 iPad to fly with and smaller ones before that came out.
Is hot here in the summers in MS and we only have 2 seasons. Summer and winter.
Course I stand under a tree in the shade here when I am out and have yet to had any issue.
Now I do fly 90% of the time with it on my steering wheel in my truck on a tray as I like sitting in
the AC or heat with jams on softly :p
I agree. Unfortunately, from where I takeoff in front of the house, there are no trees, wahhhhh ?

I might trying flying from inside my vehicle one of these days ;)Thumbswayup

Reactions: JackL and dirkclod
I got it on my 2nd or third flight with an iPad, Pro I think. Cool day, around 50s F, in the shade most of the time.

I don't usually fly with the iPad, I usually use my Tab S3, but I wanted to look deeper into the attitude indicator in Fly.

Problem seems to be the phone.

I used the A51 on exactly the same flight path and function (taking 15s hyperlapse videos) and it never registered the mobile cpu overload warning alert.

My solution: from now on I am using the android phone ?

P.S I am not giving up on the iPhone. Will just put this on standby for now. Thumbswayup

Reactions: dawgpilot
Interesting you have this issue. Flew my mini with iPhone 6 in -3C the other day and got the same message. Certainly not a high temp. issue. But had not see that message before doing the app update. You may be onto something with the issue being a glitch in the update.

Reactions: MaverickMavicMark
Interesting you have this issue. Flew my mini with iPhone 6 in -3C the other day and got the same message. Certainly not a high temp. issue. But had not see that message before doing the app update. You may be onto something with the issue being a glitch in the update.
The unusual thing is that on start up, before flying and the while the iphone is relatively "ice cold", I already get this "mobile cpu overload" warning when I open the Fly App.

Very disconcerting :oops:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3