DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app log outs, just made some experiments.

Yorkshire_Pud

Reactions
Two android phones, both with the fly app installed.

Test 1) both phones connected to the internet and both with the Fly app up and running but neither connected to a controller.
Result, logging out of the app on one logs the app out on the other phone, almost immediately.

Test 1a ) both phones connected to the internet and both with the Fly app up and running but with one phone connected to a controller and a flying drone.
Result 1a) logging out of the unconnected phone quickly logged the 'flying' app out too. I was mildly surprised by this. This was an indoor flight so I could not check whether or not the log out brought range and height restrictions into play.

Test 2) both phones with up and running Fly apps but wifi switched off on phone 2.
Result 2) logging out of the app on phone 1 did nothing to the app on phone 2, this was what I expected.

Test 3) phone one, wifi on and app up and running. Phone 2 wifi intitally off and the app up and running. Logged out on phone 1 to repeat test 2, as expected no effect on phone 2.
I then closed the app on phone 2 and switched on the phone's wifi, 30 seconds later I switched the wifi off again and booted the app. The latter was the real focus of the experiment.
Result 3) when the app booted it was logged out.

Test 3) leads me to believe that simply connecting the screen device to the internet within the 90day automated log out period might well prevent the time-out log out.

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: DoomMeister
What's disturbing is there is some background process running that communicates with DJI as soon as a network connection is available, and updates the login state. And who knows what else.

This is done silently with no awareness on the part of the user that there is communication and data exchange with DJI.

What version number of the Fly app?
Probably 1.1.6 or 1.3.something but I think the version is irrelevant to 1) and 2).
I do not know if it the automated log out thing started in later version.

I am now wondering if I could fake 90 days by changing the date in the phone 🤔 🤔 🤔

I am now wondering if I could fake 90 days by changing the date in the phone 🤔 🤔 🤔

You can, but be careful... files will get datestamped in the future, and something may barf after you set the date back. 'Been there 🙄😉

What's disturbing is there is some background process running that communicates with DJI as soon as a network connection is available, and updates the login state. And who knows what else.

This is done silently with no awareness on the part of the user that there is communication and data exchange with DJI.
This isn't a mystery and shouldn't be terribly concerning.
These screenshots from the Go4 app show what's happening:
i-SQ76rVp-M.jpg

i-GFvJpcb-M.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greasyrider