DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly app resetting

alan860

Reactions
I just had the weirdest problem with my mini 1.

I was flying it straight out, watching the lil fella go then all of a sudden my control signal went from 100% to gone. Although that sounds weird enough I have had it before so kinda expecting that a bit.

What surprised me was just after I lost connection, the **** app closed. I opened it again and was able to control the mini back home, and looking at the airdata it seems that my home point did not update, so hopefully if I didn’t get control again it would still have come home.

Has anyone else seen similar behaviour? Using an iPad mini 5 with the stock iOS app.

I have had the FLY app close on me a couple of times but as I use a three phones I am not certain if it is with just one phone or more.
What version of the app are you using? I am pre 1.2.....

I don't think you ever lost signal, only app crashed. You can tell when the RC LEDs are still steady (not all blinking).

I do know that the Fly 1.2.2 for iOS appears to be a bit of a CPU hog as many of us have gotten CPU overload, particularly on older iOS tablets. There may be inefficient code that hopefully DJI will fix.

What surprised me was just after I lost connection, the **** app closed. I opened it again and was able to control the mini
Losing the app does not affect the control signal witch is between the drone and controller.
looking at the airdata it seems that my home point did not update, so hopefully if I didn’t get control again it would still have come home.
Your drone records a home point when it first gets good GPS data after powering up.
This is completely independent of the app and the phone/tablet you are using.
There's no reason it should record a new homepoint while flying.

There have been accounts of the app saying HP was updated when app restarts, but it seems the app is simply reporting that there is an HP set and not really that it's changed.
Still, as she says, check the map to be certain.

My Air 2 has said home point updated when it lost connection and started home. I thought the worst the first time it happened. I've since seen that it is pretty common.

I am on android. Samsung a70.
During one flight i had the phone shut down and do a reboot. It was a bit scary, but gentle movements on control sticks showed mm still responding, so i just had to wait until phone had rebooted and then restart app. It connected and i landed with no further issues.
Have done several flights since and issue hasnt repeated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929