DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly more bag

The reason propguards makes sense to me is that in every test of the APAS 3 obstacle avoiding, they say this actually sortof work now, but after a while it inevitably crashes into a tree. Id like to try what others have done and make a bikevideo with tracking mode. My thought was, with propguards the inevitable crash would be less severe and expensive. What are your reasons for dismissing the propguards? Do they worsen manouverability and batterytime to much? Are they not effective and helpful in a crash? Are you never even close to crashing because you are so careful and good flyers?

The reason propguards makes sense to me is that in every test of the APAS 3 obstacle avoiding, they say this actually sortof work now, but after a while it inevitably crashes into a tree. Id like to try what others have done and make a bikevideo with tracking mode. My thought was, with propguards the inevitable crash would be less severe and expensive. What are your reasons for dismissing the propguards? Do they worsen manouverability and batterytime to much? Are they not effective and helpful in a crash? Are you never even close to crashing because you are so careful and good flyers?

I haven’t seen any tests of APAS 3.0 with crashes. Links?

While these drones are pretty tough most of us go out of our way to take every precaution to avoid crashing. Prop guards will only potentially help the props but more importantly they are to protect other things from the props.

But they aren’t magic bumpers that will prevent damage to the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190