DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly More Combo Case - Foam insert

NAZty

Reactions
Picked up my MA2 today :)

I know this might sound petty so wanted peoples thoughts on this. The foam insert in which the MA2 sits in is deformed. It was like this as soon as I opened it up.

Is it worth bringing this up with the retailer/DJI or am I being petty? I just don’t want to “lose” any protection from no fault of my own.

My second question is, do I need to be mindful of the propeller positions when storing it in the bag? I’m coming from an MM which as most of you know had issues in that regards. These propellers seem solid but just wondering if there’s any “best practice” I should be following?

IMG_8213.jpg
IMG_8212.jpg
IMG_8210.jpg

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you are talking about with the deformation, but based on the photos, no, I would not say anything. But then I'm also not going to use the Fly More bag unless I'm trying to throw it in a back pack for a hike or something (and even then I'm going to get something else as new products become available).

Just purchased this for standard transit:
Nanuk 915

As far as putting it back, just be sure to keep the blades folded in properly and don't catch the rear blades on the bag as you are putting it in nose-down.

Here's how mine looks before I put it in the bag.

Top.jpg
Bot.jpg

I'm not sure I'm seeing what you are talking about with the deformation, but based on the photos, no, I would not say anything. But then I'm also not going to use the Fly More bag unless I'm trying to throw it in a back pack for a hike or something (and even then I'm going to get something else as new products become available).

Just purchased this for standard transit:
Nanuk 915

As far as putting it back, just be sure to keep the blades folded in properly and don't catch the rear blades on the bag as you are putting it in nose-down.

Here's how mine looks before I put it in the bag.

View attachment 101454
View attachment 101455

Thanks for taking a look. If you can’t see it then it’s just me being extra paranoid I suppose but again this is because of my experience with the MM which I appreciate is much more fragile than the MA2.

The foam is basically just squashed down on the one side that’s all.

Thanks for the link for the case - I agree a hard case would offer much better protection.

Appreciate the pics too! I’ll be sure to follow your advice.

Thanks for taking a look. If you can’t see it then it’s just me being extra paranoid I suppose but again this is because of my experience with the MM which I appreciate is much more fragile than the MA2.

Thanks for the link for the case - I agree a hard case would offer much better protection.

Mines a bit deformed as well. It’s pretty thin so looks like they put the drone in without making sure it was past each foam edge. This solidified my decision to get a case. Seems a much better way to travel.

Mines a bit deformed as well. It’s pretty thin so looks like they put the drone in without making sure it was past each foam edge. This solidified my decision to get a case. Seems a much better way to travel.

That’s good to know! Yeah agreed it must’ve been that way during transit and goes to show how little protection it offers.

Another vote for investing in a third party case! I guess that’s the way to go.

Appreciate your input.

The MM "deformity" of the case was just bad human practise ?

I cant vouch for the air yet as i haven't received.

The MM "deformity" of the case was just bad human practise [emoji16]

I cant vouch for the air yet as i haven't received.

Agreed, mixed with lack of knowledge which comes with the territory - most peoples first drone (I was in that category [emoji28])

Reactions: Neel194

I know this might sound petty so wanted peoples thoughts on this. The foam insert in which the MA2 sits in is deformed. It was like this as soon as I opened it up.

Is it worth bringing this up with the retailer/DJI or am I being petty? I just don’t want to “lose” any protection from no fault of my own.

My second question is, do I need to be mindful of the propeller positions when storing it in the bag? I’m coming from an MM which as most of you know had issues in that regards. These propellers seem solid but just wondering if there’s any “best practice” I should be following?

View attachment 101451
View attachment 101452
View attachment 101453
My th

View attachment 101451
View attachment 101452
View attachment 101453
My thoughts

View attachment 101451
View attachment 101452
View attachment 101453
My thoughts are this. DjI will ship us the absolute minimum. The fly more bag is useless.

Reactions: NAZty
If the MA2 FM bag is like the M2 bag, there's no foam insert. But then for the M2, the FM was a separate purchase rather than a bundle like other models.

Because of how tight the M2 AC was in the FM case, I removed the props as I even then was concerned about prop warp.

For the Mini, prop removal is not practical so I make sure it's aligned correctly as the label shows in the case and have never had an issue.

The MA2 foam insert is just a cushion and the deformed photos you provided are no big deal. I was glad they were provided. This is a non-problem. Have fun.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Duhr