DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly Safe (aircraft) rollback

vborovic

Reactions
Hi, I apologize if this has already been asked before (I did use the search option for the past 2 hours, no hits) - is it possible to downgrade the drone's Fly Safe parameters? I've tried by using the older firmware (DJI Assistant), with no luck ... the firmware itself will be an older version, but the Fly Safe data on the drone is still the most recent one. I have an issue with the latest NFZ's being enforced where I live (which don't have anything to so with the local regulations, just DJI's whim) and now this is a major PITA for commercial flying activities.

I know I can "rollback" the mobile phone's app and have the older Fly Safe data, but as soon as the drone gets the GPS fix, it uses its built-in up-to-date parameters, and it will stop with the NFZ message being displayed on the remote (and an error shown on the app itself, even thought the app's map doesn't have the NFZs visible due to the older Fly Safe parameters).

Any ideas, hints, proven solutions?

EDIT: Forgot to add, the drone is fully up-to-date, .300 FW, .14 Fly Safes, currently using Android DJI GO 4.3.14. (tested a downgrade to 4.3.10 with success only regarding the phone app).

Last edited:
Hi There, did you ever figure out how to roll back the fly safe database? We have the same issue. Two drones, one we updated so no longer works at our house (NFZ), the other we did not and thus it still flies in that zone.

No complete solution is available at this time (at least to my extensive knowledge). The closest thing is to use NLD, and be stuck with FW .100, as thats the only one that can have clean NFZ records on the drone and use a slightly older DJI GO 4 app, depending on the locaton you're in (for me, the 4.3.12. was working just fine, not a single limitation over Croatia).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming