DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fly without gimbal & camera possible?

You can do it on the Mavic pro. I have one with an analog camera glued on it. the Phantoms used to be able to , until the phantom 3 - I think. As stated above, I don't think it will initialize without the camera check BUT No harm in trying just pull your gimble and see if it will start. If you do get it to work you will only have ATTI mode so takeoff the first time with care.
I would ask why? If you want a "fly around for fun" drone, I can name off quite a few that wouldn't cost a lot and you wouldn't have to jump through hoops to get it to fly.
Let us know how it all goes !
If you are very determined I would tell you to visit some Drone Building Forums for details.
This is a great forum but you need more "Builders" advice and you might have better luck there.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Is this possible
Judging from the question, you have not tried to fire up the drone to see if it will even start, let alone fly…

I'm guessing that you do not own this drone and am only thinking of buying it as a damaged item. If so, I would not recommend it, even if it does fire up and fly, whatever damaged the gimbal/camera might have caused other damage yet to show up. If money is short, consider a refurbished drone, it comes with the same warranties as a brand new one…

If you own this drone, I would suggest getting it repaired.

Reactions: Cafguy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique