DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying Around Chattanooga, TN

breid

Reactions
I will be in the Chattanooga area in a couple of weeks for a wedding. Are there any restrictions for flying around Lookout Mountain? Thanks for the response!

Can't speak to the flying, but for great eats check out Mervs. Sooo good. They also have some old-school arcade games in the back.

Reactions: breid
I believe the end overlooking Chattanooga is a National Monument, and therefore restricted. Not sure what the FAA has to say about it though.

A little off topic: I've experienced some strange compass errors and odd behavior around the river in that area. The closest I ever came to crashing.

Reactions: Arkarian
Just did the ironman there. GREAT City. Didn't think about bringing my Mavrick. But I did see a bunch flying near the rive and finished line.

There's plenty of places to take off from there. I lived there for about 10 years and hiked all over that thing.
Signal Mountain has some interesting places including a rope bridge across a gorge.
One of the cool things is Lookout and Missionary Ridge have these ginormous obelisks that are Civil War memorials.
Then there's the water park and the art bluff district on the bluff overlooking the river.
Further down Signal there's a nice waterfall on the Georgia side.
Have fun! I'll be visiting my son at Thanksgiving and have a list of drone to-dos.

There's plenty of places to take off from there. I lived there for about 10 years and hiked all over that thing.
Signal Mountain has some interesting places including a rope bridge across a gorge.
One of the cool things is Lookout and Missionary Ridge have these ginormous obelisks that are Civil War memorials.
Then there's the water park and the art bluff district on the bluff overlooking the river.
Further down Signal there's a nice waterfall on the Georgia side.
Have fun! I'll be visiting my son at Thanksgiving and have a list of drone to-dos.

Great! Thanks for the info!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dugan