DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying around over and inside a glacier with the Mavic 2 Pro

JakeS

Reactions
I had a few hours of free time so I ran down to Byron Glacier to see how the ice caves were before we got too much snow and they get buried from avalanches. One of the caves has really opened up and is easily 40 feet tall from floor to ceiling. After walking up through it I flew my M2P around the glacier for a bit then flew down through the cave. I did loose GPS (no surprise) and the VPS didn't have enough light to work properly but the drone was still very steady and never lost signal with the remote. The more I get this thing out the more I'm impressed with how far the technology has come since they released the first MP.

Cheers and enjoy!

Last edited:
Amazing landscape, great footage !
Interesting also to read what you say about MP2, as compared to the original.

Thank you

To me the M2P is much more stable than the MP or the MA. It holds it's position much better than the original did and even when GPS signal is lost it still doesn't drift nearly as much in my experience. You could see I had a 360 camera on the top which also blocks a bit of the GPS signal but it still flies beautifully.

Reactions: Inspirephil
Thank you

To me the M2P is much more stable than the MP or the MA. It holds it's position much better than the original did and even when GPS signal is lost it still doesn't drift nearly as much in my experience. You could see I had a 360 camera on the top which also blocks a bit of the GPS signal but it still flies beautifully.
How do you like your 360’ camera? And what brand is it? Looking at the OneX 360’ camera myself for use with my M2P so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
And that video of the glacier is amazing and beautiful. Very nice shot.

Beautiful, artfully done. I was very interested in the cave shots (we have similar formations near me that I've been thinking of flying in - I'm scared to enter) but those shots were the least interesting to me in the end. I take it this is in AK?

Beautiful, artfully done. I was very interested in the cave shots (we have similar formations near me that I've been thinking of flying in - I'm scared to enter) but those shots were the least interesting to me in the end. I take it this is in AK?

Yeah this is Byron Glacier near Portage. It's about an hour drive from my house and then a quick 3 mile hike to the caves lol. Cheers!

How do you like your 360’ camera? And what brand is it? Looking at the OneX 360’ camera myself for use with my M2P so if you have any suggestions please let me know.
And that video of the glacier is amazing and beautiful. Very nice shot.

I love the 360one. The stabilization is incredibly good. The One X is even better with higher resolution. If you want to see what the 360 footage looks like when the camera is on the drone check it out here:
I would have had more footage but the battery died on the camera due to the cold temps. Cheers!

Very cool footage :cool:

Reactions: JakeS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661