DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Flying at the beach

Some have said that we should disable downward obstacle detection when flying over water.
Any thoughts on that?

Watch out for helicopters!

When I was at st Pete beach in Florida, a helicopter flew about 130'agl just off the beach every night at sunset traveling about 100 mph I would estimate.

I love the beach and sea as for launch there is always a plastic table lying around you can also use for take offs and hand catches really are not that hard even in winds.

i fly out 4km often to video islands that are 4km away from where i am.

watch the heat it kills battery power,

Do not overfly children as they do tend to be unpredictable. having said that i have never personally experienced any problem with kids and only one problem with an adult that i was not actually near and who came over from 100m away to the Mavic.

try to fly early as the light is good and the beaches are emptier and normally winds can be lighter, Check tides in and out as that can also be a factor you can wander out 200m and take off but if that tide is coming in and you have been out 20 mins your home point may now be under water.

Reactions: facasi
Some have said that we should disable downward obstacle detection when flying over water.
Any thoughts on that?

Turn off Landing Protection. I keep it off permanently. It will prevent the Mavic from potentially auto landing over water and makes it super easy for o hand catch.

818ae3a9eaf07eb1c11e0329dce91305.jpg

Reactions: FatherXmas
flyingsloth and facasi - those photos are awesome!

Reactions: facasi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe